Looking back at Cyclone

dgb1
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by dgb1 »

I must admit that I am quite fond of it - even if it is a bit different!

Does anybody else think that the song section of the first track is very like Barclay James Harvest?

David
Steve

Post by Steve »

Interesting, unique, tense, melodic in places, trance, uplifting.

All words and phrases that I'd use to describe Cyclone.

I don't play this so much any more, though I did replace my old vinyl lp with one of the remastered c.d.'s that Virgin released. As most have said, Madrigal Meridian is superb. It seems to me that this album is very much misunderstood and highly underrated.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

To this day, I still dislike Cyclone, the singing is God-awful, the songs are retrograde, Madrigal Meridian is too fast and repetative, and it never fails to give me a head ache. These days I feel that this is by far the most overrated TD album, atlhough when it was released, I gather many TD fans disliked it. I guess some fans are looking back to the late 70's at Cyclone in a very forgiving and sentimental way. I wonder if the Cyclone Tour was a sell out due to the success of previous TD tours/albums and/or if it was because the album Cyclone was popular with prog rockers at the time.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Old thread resrrected temporarily because I had an email on tadream about the album:

To find the lyrics and story behind Bent Cold Sidewalk, please visit www.hmnetwork.com , click "Bios", then "Steve Jolliffe"
and scroll down to where it says lyrics and click there.

You'll find Steve's story behind Cyclone in the lower half of that section.

Sincerely,

Dave Kaufman
President
Horizon Music, Inc.

Great album anyway. The second TD LP I heard, after Force Majeure
Erik

Post by Erik »

Desert_Voyager wrote:To this day, I still dislike Cyclone, the singing is God-awful, the songs are retrograde, Madrigal Meridian is too fast and repetative, and it never fails to give me a head ache. These days I feel that this is by far the most overrated TD album, atlhough when it was released, I gather many TD fans disliked it. I guess some fans are looking back to the late 70's at Cyclone in a very forgiving and sentimental way. I wonder if the Cyclone Tour was a sell out due to the success of previous TD tours/albums and/or if it was because the album Cyclone was popular with prog rockers at the time.
i don't think it was popular with them at all. i could be wrong though

it wasn't really a sell out either, they were strained for time and they didn't really understand/embrace what they were doing. Edgar was initially against the idea of putting lyrics into their music
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "