Looking Back : WHITE EAGLE

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking Back : WHITE EAGLE

Post by timer »

3rd of main studio releases from the FFS line up - and wow !

People I knew at the time who had no interest in EM were astounded by Mojave Plan, but the pinnacle of this release for me is the beautiful title track - better sounds than the subsequent 'Das Madchen' version IMO.

Outstanding 8) 8) 8) 8)
71 dB

Re: Looking Back : WHITE EAGLE

Post by 71 dB »

timer wrote:...but the pinnacle of this release for me is the beautiful title track -
Yes, the title track is awesome. I see a white eagle flying in my mind while listening to it.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

better than s-ex
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:better than s-ex
Technique Matt ! Technique ! :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

cantosis wrote:better than s-ex
Not quite, but almost. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Listening to it at this moment and the epic "Mojave Plan" is wafting through the speakers. "Convention of The 24" is also a huge favorite of mine from this era and "Midnight in Tula" at the SBE 05 put me in orbit..

Brilliant :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

I remember buying my copy in a record shop in West Hampstead, London (West end lane?) where I was working at the time (the area...not the record shop!)...and initially not being that impressed with it...the rather sparce/glacial arrangements etc etc didn't grab me as much as Exit and Thief (both of which I thought were 'the best music' mankind had ever made (well...I was young!). However not long after I started to love it and these days I think it's one of the very best albums from TD. Stand out moments include the PPG shrieks at the start of Mojave Plan, the 5/4 feel of the main rhythm, the great chords (played in unison by the group?), Johannes' ? solos....and the best two drum hits in EM history from Christoph (percussion King more like!). You can also add the way the piece is built up again, the ballsy way it morphs into another section and the huge orchestra...TAPE sample on the end ...and that's just the first bleeding track! ;)

Btw the title has probably nothing to do with White Eagles, at least of the 'naturally' feathered kind :P
Last edited by 24db on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

One of their best albums of the 80's !
And I think Mojave Plan is one of their best tracks ever, simply incredible : agressive, orchestral, varied, spiritual, so many things in 20 minutes... 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

mojave plan is a fantastic track and i think its even better when they did it live and carried the theme on.why they never did the longer version in the studio is still a real shame to me.however i asked mr froese at london last year if he was going to remix white eagle and his exact response was shhhh!. so who knows we may indeed get a reworked/remixed version of white eagle.the title track is just so chilled along with convention of the 24,and the more rhythmic midnight in tula is again a track that should be performed more in concert. :roll: gazz collins TDBA yorkshire division :roll:
AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]
timer

Post by timer »

GAZZ wrote:mojave plan is a fantastic track and i think its even better when they did it live and carried the theme on.why they never did the longer version in the studio is still a real shame to me.however i asked mr froese at london last year if he was going to remix white eagle and his exact response was shhhh!. so who knows we may indeed get a reworked/remixed version of white eagle.the title track is just so chilled along with convention of the 24,and the more rhythmic midnight in tula is again a track that should be performed more in concert. :roll: gazz collins TDBA yorkshire division :roll:
AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]
The Length of Mojave Plan may have been a result of limited time on one side of vinyl in those days Gazz ? 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

play it on your mouth organ! ;)

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Is that out of the 82 programme Andy :?:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Is that out of the 82 programme Andy :?:
No mate...TD fan club mag
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Is that out of the 82 programme Andy :?:
No mate...TD fan club mag
Now i got to drag the thing out :x :wink: :arrow:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

timer wrote:
GAZZ wrote:mojave plan is a fantastic track and i think its even better when they did it live and carried the theme on.why they never did the longer version in the studio is still a real shame to me.however i asked mr froese at london last year if he was going to remix white eagle and his exact response was shhhh!. so who knows we may indeed get a reworked/remixed version of white eagle.the title track is just so chilled along with convention of the 24,and the more rhythmic midnight in tula is again a track that should be performed more in concert. :roll: gazz collins TDBA yorkshire division :roll:
AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]
The Length of Mojave Plan may have been a result of limited time on one side of vinyl in those days Gazz ? 8)
yes tim you are probably right ,the vinyl restrictions would have made it more awkward :roll: gazz collins TDBA yorkshire division :roll:
AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]