Looking Back : LOGOS

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Big Dave's Logos concert photo (Actual) 8)

Well that rubbishes the rumour that the cover of Logos wasnt taken at the Dominion!

I love the guy on the cover of Logos....on the definitive edition where the line says recorded live at the dominion london 1982, look at the guy below the "h" of "the"...three heads back! He's having the time of his life...bet he is on this forum too! :lol:
all the stage set-ups looked the same. Can somebody who went to any of the other gigs confirm this?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Big Dave's Logos concert photo (Actual) 8)

Well that rubbishes the rumour that the cover of Logos wasnt taken at the Dominion!

I love the guy on the cover of Logos....on the definitive edition where the line says recorded live at the dominion london 1982, look at the guy below the "h" of "the"...three heads back! He's having the time of his life...bet he is on this forum too! :lol:
that's one of the last gigs were as a kid I remember the smell of dope in the air. That's certainly something I don't miss about the old gigs...that and some winner trying to flog you something on the way down to or from the venue
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Logos is still up there as a favorite TD Live album and im pleased that on the definitive edition, Logos is one long piece rather than parts 1 & 2.
I'm the opposite: I wouldn't mind seeing it split into the individual sections, actually.

OK, the SBM version does have section division, but my CD player can't handle that technology :?
Would be great to hear a complete show of this although i am led to believe that it is pretty simular to the Live In Sydney set. (bootmoon release?).

Anyone have a setlist?
You're being led astray! There's very little in common with the two tours.
Set 1
Logos (1st section) (5')
bridge music (2')
Heritage Survival (5'30")
bridge music (2')
Sign in the Dark (4')
The Night in Romania (4'30")
unreleased (6')
Choronzon (8')
Tangent (3'30")

Set 2
Mojave Plan (10')
remainder of Logos (45')

Encores
Midnight in Tula
White Eagle
Dominion
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Chris Monk wrote:Saw this tour from the front of the balcony at the Colston Hall in Bristol. I took a few mates from college and they were totally blown away by the show. The sound and choice of music was just superb. Imagine my joy when the show was released as an album.

It certainly captures what it was like to see the band at that point in time, although you don't get anywhere near the full concert. Imagine having the whole show on CD, that would be pure TD-bliss.
I can't do Bristol but I did record Oxford which won't be too dissimilar and I have a spare copy if you would like it?

I tried to pm you but I'm blocked for some reason.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Logos was my first live concert that impressed me forever.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Saw this tour from the front of the balcony at the Colston Hall in Bristol. I took a few mates from college and they were totally blown away by the show. The sound and choice of music was just superb. Imagine my joy when the show was released as an album.

It certainly captures what it was like to see the band at that point in time, although you don't get anywhere near the full concert. Imagine having the whole show on CD, that would be pure TD-bliss.
I can't do Bristol but I did record Oxford which won't be too dissimilar and I have a spare copy if you would like it?

Very kind offer but I was being a bit naughty. I've got Tangerine Tree recordings from this tour but was angling for TD to release a soundboard recording. We know they've worked on stuff from the early 80s because there was a track on the previous TD webpage radio but it's never seen the light of day. I'm hoping that if I bang on about it enough they'll give in and release something.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Chris Monk wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote:

Very kind offer but I was being a bit naughty. I've got Tangerine Tree recordings from this tour but was angling for TD to release a soundboard recording. We know they've worked on stuff from the early 80s because there was a track on the previous TD webpage radio but it's never seen the light of day. I'm hoping that if I bang on about it enough they'll give in and release something.
OK no worries, good luck and fingers crossed.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Another great live album with music that TD doesn't make anymore. too bad.
like it very much. A topten album as far as I can say now.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

the logos-tour was my first live experience with td............ duesseldorf- phillipshalle........... an out-of-this-world-event and a wonderful live album.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
genesis1964

Post by genesis1964 »

Loved the album and as some others have said it was my first live experience of TD also. 8)
razor

Post by razor »

Logos is very hard to beat. Simply outstanding from the very first minute to the very last! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
A Hyperborean

Post by A Hyperborean »

Yes, I love the Logos album. I just wish I was old enough to have gone to the actual concert. My one regret is that I never got to see a Froese, Franke, Schmoelling concert. :evil:
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Yes it was a great tour and I am glad I was 1 of the many at the gig when it was recorded. :D
The Stoke TDBA Division.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

It's such a huge shame that Logos couldn't have been a double album, with disc 2 made up of the The Keep suite that they played on the tour....we'd have had 3 double live albums in a row then! (Encore, Logos and Poland)
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:It's such a huge shame that Logos couldn't have been a double album, with disc 2 made up of the The Keep suite that they played on the tour....we'd have had 3 double live albums in a row then! (Encore, Logos and Poland)
it was a double album...on the night ;)

got to agree with you mate...but it's cracking album as it is