Looking Back : LOGOS

Okefenokee
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Okefenokee »

Very nice album. Much better than White Eagle, IMO. I saw the great live performace 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Big Dave's Logos concert photo (Actual) 8)

RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Very nice...cheers to Dave and Colin
Berliner Schule

Re: Looking Back : LOGOS

Post by Berliner Schule »

timer wrote:I thought Andy would have beaten me to it !

What can you say about this live CD !

Stunning ! Sublime ! Emotional ! Incredible !

You just had to be there ,eh Andy ! :wink:
I could enjoy the Logos show live at the Düsseldorf Phillipshalle and was deeply impressed. I took my cousin Britta and her boy friend to this concert but they didn't like it. It was nothing for them.
This represents my whole-life-experience with Tangerine Dream.
Nobody but me likes them.
And I can't understand this!

Gerald
24db

Re: Looking Back : LOGOS

Post by 24db »

Berliner Schule wrote:
timer wrote:I thought Andy would have beaten me to it !

What can you say about this live CD !

Stunning ! Sublime ! Emotional ! Incredible !

You just had to be there ,eh Andy ! :wink:
I could enjoy the Logos show live at the Düsseldorf Phillipshalle and was deeply impressed. I took my cousin Britta and her boy friend to this concert but they didn't like it. It was nothing for them.
This represents my whole-life-experience with Tangerine Dream.
Nobody but me likes them.
And I can't understand this!

Gerald
I took my then friend and his girlfriend...she cried through much of the show...and then found it too loud (we had to leave before the final encore). STILL didn't ruin it for me...utter brilliance cannot be tarnished
24db

Post by 24db »

I remember glancing over at my friend, just after Johannes' solo near the beginning of the gig and we both had a 'Jesus, this is just incredible' look on our faces (either that or we were still in shock about the price of the tour programmes...remember them????). I was equally shocked that people applauded, after a few minutes!....the year before people sat in a trance/silence for 45 minutes, not saying a word until they erupted at the end of a TD's barrage. Ladies and gentlemen there will now be an interval
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Saw this tour from the front of the balcony at the Colston Hall in Bristol. I took a few mates from college and they were totally blown away by the show. The sound and choice of music was just superb. Imagine my joy when the show was released as an album.

It certainly captures what it was like to see the band at that point in time, although you don't get anywhere near the full concert. Imagine having the whole show on CD, that would be pure TD-bliss.
very loud gig...even at the back of the Dominion...just as well really as we were right at the back...almost :)
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

I think, no ...... It's my opinion that Logos is one of my favourite TD-Albums I most like, especially part 1 : minute 12 to 20.
Volume is at max, including sound effects.
Sorry neighbours ..... :D :oops:

grtz, Peter
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

unfortunatly i wasnt at the show but my memories are of the album. I got into TD "seriously" around 83/84...my dad played Sorcerer, Phaedra & Stratosfear to me as a kid (Sorcerer freaked me out a bit at first...might explain a few things now though :lol: ). Anyways, one day during the height of unemployment and hard times that were the mid 80s, my dad had a record voucher and bought Poland on vinyl. I got home from school and dad said, "listen to this". Well from the polish intro onwards i was transfixed!! Been a hardcore fan ever since...anyway, back to Logos....i really couldnt afford albums back then but i discovered a decent little "loophole" in the public library. If there was an album you wanted but they didnt have it, they would buy it brand new to lend out! This was BRILLIANT!! Obviously if i ordered the albums from the library then i would be the first to have them and there wouldnt be so many pops n crackles! (remember younger viewers, this was back in the days of vinyl!!). So i ordered Logos...within 3 weeks it arrived, brand new and i taped it and played it over & over again!. My dad photocopied the sleeve and i coloured it in with red n black felt pens! (along way from ipods isnt it but its how i got to hear the music and make my cassette covers look "authentic").
Next up i got Ricochet and then it all came to an end when i ordered Encore and they sourced it from a library in Grays, Essex. Well the cover was sooooo badly beaten you wouldnt recognise it. You could hardly play sides two & four!

Well years later i replaced all my tapes with the original cd's and then the Virgin Definitive editions came out.

Logos is still up there as a favorite TD Live album and im pleased that on the definitive edition, Logos is one long piece rather than parts 1 & 2.

Would be great to hear a complete show of this although i am led to believe that it is pretty simular to the Live In Sydney set. (bootmoon release?).

Anyone have a setlist?
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

epsilon75 wrote:Big Dave's Logos concert photo (Actual) 8)

Well that rubbishes the rumour that the cover of Logos wasnt taken at the Dominion!

I love the guy on the cover of Logos....on the definitive edition where the line says recorded live at the dominion london 1982, look at the guy below the "h" of "the"...three heads back! He's having the time of his life...bet he is on this forum too! :lol:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Brilliant Album can't say anymore still makes my hair stand on end
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:Brilliant Album can't say anymore still makes my hair stand on end
it's sooo good it would make a bald man's hair stand on end :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:Brilliant Album can't say anymore still makes my hair stand on end
Has not worked for me then :oops: :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Has not worked for me then :oops: :P
You need to turn it up louder ;)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Superb TD at there very best.