Looking Back : LOGOS

Peter Beasley
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Peter Beasley »

Anyone else noticed the shout from the audience of "Play your synthesizers" just before 'Dominion' on the vinyl 'Logos'? It's edited out on the CD.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Peter Beasley wrote:Anyone else noticed the shout from the audience of "Play your synthesizers" just before 'Dominion' on the vinyl 'Logos'? It's edited out on the CD.
Is that what it was? I could never make it out. I'd not noticed that it was missing. Hardly essential. :wink:

More upset about the hand-claps missing from Ricochet.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Peter Beasley wrote:Anyone else noticed the shout from the audience of "Play your synthesizers" just before 'Dominion' on the vinyl 'Logos'? It's edited out on the CD.
Never noticed that - my not-fan mate used to wind me up claiming he could hear himself yelling "more" and not me.

Maybe it was an "encore" yell?

I did notice loads of fans enjoying a grat gig though :P
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

Wasn't me...I'd left the building before Dominion
Fritter Jr.

Post by Fritter Jr. »

An amazing album, made better by the memories of being there. It was my first sit-down gig (for musicians as well as audience) and through my juvenile bewilderment I remember:
the interminable wait for them to start, only for the "thank you for being patient" announcement to make me think, 'Oh, that's nice of them'.

The chest-vibrating bass (especially on what became the first part of Side 2) and those FM shrieks and gongs scaring the bejesus out of me and being quite relieved when the following sequence started up.

Mojave Plan, Midnight In Tula and White Eagle were highlights as they were still so fresh and rocked so hard.

It's odd that I don't recall them doing Choronzon as that was my favourite track at the time, but that's 28 years for you.

Schmoelling really gave it some on his solos throughout, didn't he?.

The minimalist lighting/visuals were very effective and I thought the fact that the musicians spent a lot of their time with their backs to the audience was very cool indeed, as were Chris's cowboy boots. And to cap it all the back of my head turns up on the album cover!!!

Apologies for rambling, but this was a special night and the record has remained a favourite ever since. It's nice to read that so many people 'here' were 'there'.
24db

Post by 24db »

of course there have been rumours that at least part of Logos was-n't even recorded at the Dominion...but at a gig in Germany
24db

Post by 24db »

Fritter Jr. wrote:An amazing album, made better by the memories of being there. It was my first sit-down gig (for musicians as well as audience) and through my juvenile bewilderment I remember:
the interminable wait for them to start, only for the "thank you for being patient" announcement to make me think, 'Oh, that's nice of them'.

The chest-vibrating bass (especially on what became the first part of Side 2) and those FM shrieks and gongs scaring the bejesus out of me and being quite relieved when the following sequence started up.

Mojave Plan, Midnight In Tula and White Eagle were highlights as they were still so fresh and rocked so hard.

It's odd that I don't recall them doing Choronzon as that was my favourite track at the time, but that's 28 years for you.

The minimalist lighting/visuals were very effective and I thought the fact that the musicians spent a lot of their time with their backs to the audience was very cool indeed, as were Chris's cowboy boots. And to cap it all the back of my head turns up on the album cover!!!

Apologies for rambling, but this was a special night and the record has remained a favourite ever since. It's nice to read that so many people 'here' were 'there'.
Johannes played quite a few of melodies (on his Oberheim and Roland Jupiter 8?...I forget now), but they were quite low in the mix at times, whereas the sequencer melodies were still belting out (very loud even right at the back of the hall...loved the BASS, especially the doom ridden section on part 2...leading into the little false start to the sequencer section. Don't remember the band playing with the backs to the audience (only Chris for obvious reasons), as their equipment was set up differently (Edgar told me last month that the Helmut Grothe sequencers have been 'recycled'.

I remember doing a double take when Johannes played the melody on the long version of Choronzon thinking 'he's ****ed it up' only to realise that TD had changed the arrangement (from 6 to 8 bars, for musos amongst you). Mind you it still sounds wrong to me, even to this day.

I seem to have a memory that the curtains opened to a darkened stage, with only the equipment lights or perhaps a very faint purple and then increased to a rich Red when then 'Wake-up' part of Logos started to play (perhaps with some flame effects..or am I thinking of the twisted curtains? being short sighted I was lucky I could see the stage :D). Later they had some backlighting and a couple of slide projections (pyramids, statues...and the earth for White Eagle).
24db

Post by 24db »

...we need Tony to tell us about the afternoon show now!!!!!!!!

tony??
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:
Fritter Jr. wrote:An amazing album, made better by the memories of being there. It was my first sit-down gig (for musicians as well as audience) and through my juvenile bewilderment I remember:

Johannes played quite a few of melodies (on his Oberheim and Roland Jupiter 8?...I forget now), but they were quite low in the mix at times, whereas the sequencer melodies were still belting out (very loud even right at the back of the hall...loved the BASS, especially the doom ridden section on part 2...leading into the little false start to the sequencer section. Don't remember the band playing with the backs to the audience (only Chris for obvious reasons), as their equipment was set up differently (Edgar told me last month that the Helmut Grothe sequencers have been 'recycled'.

I remember doing a double take when Johannes played the melody on the long version of Choronzon thinking 'he's ****ed it up' only to realise that TD had changed the arrangement (from 6 to 8 bars, for musos amongst you). Mind you it still sounds wrong to me, even to this day.

I seem to have a memory that the curtains opened to a darkened stage, with only the equipment lights or perhaps a very faint purple and then increased to a rich Red when then 'Wake-up' part of Logos started to play (perhaps with some flame effects..or am I thinking of the twisted curtains? being short sighted I was lucky I could see the stage :D). Later they had some backlighting and a couple of slide projections (pyramids, statues...and the earth for White Eagle).
It was definitely flame effects :wink:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Top ten for me. And when they played it at the RAH, Iris's vocals leading into Logos. . . . . .WOW! I was blown away. 8)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Post by hansx »

tdream4ever wrote:Top ten for me. And when they played it at the RAH, Iris's vocals leading into Logos. . . . . .WOW! I was blown away. 8)
I was indeed very happy that they did this in the concerts now. A complete version someday should be also fun.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

24db wrote:Edgar told me last month that the Helmut Grothe sequencers have been 'recycled'
What does that mean exactly? Works again the old sequencer?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:of course there have been rumours that at least part of Logos was-n't even recorded at the Dominion...but at a gig in Germany

having studied carefully, my LP and CD against the various trees and leaves, I once again point to a famous saying : ' all rumours have basis in fact '

:P :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

intercorni wrote:
24db wrote:Edgar told me last month that the Helmut Grothe sequencers have been 'recycled'
I imagine Edgar means they were scrapped and thrown away
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

24db wrote:
intercorni wrote:
I imagine Edgar means they were scrapped and thrown away
:-(