Looking back at: Flashpoint

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Flashpoint appears for download on itunes UK.

Nice one, one of the few I'm needing to get.

Been looking for vinyl but this will do just now thanks :wink:

8)
har

Post by har »

Forget that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a c.rap review saying the tracks are from a poor quality LP.

Just checked the samples and ..................they have been lifted from a poor quality LP.

That really is poor :!:

:evil:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

har wrote:Forget that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked the samples and ..................they have been lifted from a poor quality LP.

E bays your best bet Har..shows up on LP all the time..avoid the picture disc though.
har

Post by har »

sparrow wrote:
har wrote:Forget that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E bays your best bet Har..shows up on LP all the time..avoid the picture disc though.
Hi John. I have always been to busy acquiring other TD and stuff however Flashpoint is now required ! Have a few of the tracks on Tangents set and they are excellent.

Cheers for that, I will avoid the picture disc, although I do quite like said picture discs :wink: To look at only :wink:
har

Post by har »

Got my vinyl copy of Flashpoint today, £7.99 off e bay. Sleeve in good condition, vinyl in superb condition.

This is an excellent album and the sound quality on this Heavy Metal Records using Direct Metal Mastering ( :wink: ) is really very good.

Not a bad track on the album apart from the title track :? Probably my favourite so far is Going West, but thouroughly enjoying them all.

In relation to that title track..............."When the director William Tannen hired Tangerine Dream to score "Flashpoint" he told them not to do the end title song because he had one he was using - "Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones. Tangerine Dream said it was the perfect song to end the film with. They scored the entire film but this piece. The studio felt the song was too expensive and instead gave the assignment to an assistant who worked for one of the vice presidents. It was voted "worst" end title song for 1984 by Leonard Matlin, the film critic."

Fair assesment by Mr Matlin methinks :wink:

Very pleased with this vinyl 8)

PS just ordered the film off amazon for £7.30, think it should be one of the better ones :wink:
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Flashpoint wrote:
bigmoog wrote:welcome Flashpoint, I have a very nice Vinyl copy, which makes the CD sound like a CD.

:D

Hello, Vinyl usually does :)

Thank You for welcome!

I am not sure, but the 1993 Mystery Tracks [bootleg] which contains all the TD Flashpoint tracks, may be a rip from vinyl? It has a more natural sound than the One-Way reissue/remaster CD, but lacks some of the punch of the Heavy Metal CD. Probably due to it being an altered rip of some kind?
Hi Flashpoint, would you recommend getting "mystery tracks" or is it to be avoided?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

multivit72 wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:
bigmoog wrote:welcome Flashpoint, I have a very nice Vinyl copy, which makes the CD sound like a CD.

Thank You for welcome!

I am not sure, but the 1993 Mystery Tracks [bootleg] which contains all the TD Flashpoint tracks, may be a rip from vinyl? It has a more natural sound than the One-Way reissue/remaster CD, but lacks some of the punch of the Heavy Metal CD. Probably due to it being an altered rip of some kind?
Hi Flashpoint, would you recommend getting "mystery tracks" or is it to be avoided?
Mystery Tracks is a good cd...has the complete Quinoa and all of Flashpoint except the dire closing track and a couple of other rarities on the end.
rigel

Post by rigel »

I love this film. I watched it again recently, many years since I had last seen it, and it has stood the test of time well. The plot, the mystery, the sense of threat and unease, and the interesting characters (portrayed very well by Kris Kristoffersen and Treat Williams) hold your attention.

I love the soundtrack as well. I have the original Heavy Metal CD. I bought it in Our Price in the early 1990s. Came across it by sheer chance - this rarity (even then) must have been sitting on their shelves for years!
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

multivit72 wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Thank You for welcome!

Hello - it sounds OK on Mystery Tracks but I think it is a rip from vinyl. Even so I think it sounds at least as good as the One-Way. Mystery Tracks is great for all the material it includes but if you want best sounding CD of Flashpoint the Heavy Metal [playable version] sound nearly as good as the vinyl I think.

The Heavy Metal seems to sell for under $40 US dollars now on eBay, it's no longer a $100+
Last edited by Flashpoint on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erik

Post by Erik »

there's a ton of cheap copies on ebay

for vinyl at least
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I have "Flashpoint" on LP (vinyl), bought it many years ago and was fairly disappointed..
I like a few tracks, like Going West (I prefer the recent live version), but not many... Lack of melody but not any interesting soundscapes either. Most arrangements seem poor to me.... I haven't changed myt mind nowadays.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Marc M wrote:I have "Flashpoint" on LP (vinyl), bought it many years ago and was fairly disappointed..
I like a few tracks, like Going West (I prefer the recent live version), but not many... Lack of melody but not any interesting soundscapes either. Most arrangements seem poor to me.... I haven't changed myt mind nowadays.
Well, 1984 was a very busy year for the band, Firestarter, Heartbreakers and Forbidden were 3 other soundtracks they worked on that year. So I guess they didn't spend too much time on each project.