Looking back at: Heartbreakers

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by multivit72 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:just bought this on ebay... can somebody tell me if there is a difference between the two version except the cover?
merci,
multi
Not sure about the music.
As a matter of interest, did you get the original cover with the purple bars of the horrendous cover with the cartoon "lady" on the front
received the cd today - original cover...
now looking forward to the music!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
multivit72 wrote:just bought this on ebay... can somebody tell me if there is a difference between the two version except the cover?
merci,
multi
As a matter of interest, did you get the original cover with the purple bars of the horrendous cover with the cartoon "lady" on the front
Some very good melodic stuff on this soundtrack IIRC
rigel

Post by rigel »

I watched the film Heartbreakers on video many years ago and thought it was a very good film, with good performances from the lead actors. Peter Coyote was excellent, as usual. As for the soundtrack album, there are some good pieces on there. I agree with comments that the music isn't always typical of Tangerine Dream, but still, pieces like "Twilight Painter" are enjoyable.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I keep on saying it but this is my favourite TD score, it works as fine as an album as a soundtrack 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Jon

Post by Jon »

merci,
multi
The music is the same on both albums.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Jon wrote:
merci,
multi

ok - what about any remastering/difference in soundquality?
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I bought the LP version of Heartbreakers in the 80's. It was very expensive.
The sound is quite cold, but those were the years.... 1985. It's a very melodic piece of work, it contains lots of short tracks but they don't sound like incidental music, sometimes, they do stand on their own. What I like is that there's quite a lot of (electronic) piano.
I should play it again. I did recently but didn't pay enough attention. I had the good idea to copy LP's immediately on audio tapes (cassettes) at the time, to preserve the LP's and to bring the music with me on holidays or in the transports.
I didn't remember it had been released on CD.
I'd say it's one of TD's best soundtracks.
Erik

Post by Erik »

it has the cool softness of Risky Business at times, and at other times the upbeat feeling of Streethawk and Destination Berlin. "Rain in N.Y. City" and "The Loser" are my two favourites. i'm not a huge fan of Twilight Painter like some are. but it's one of their stronger soundtracks without a doubt. in Rain in N.Y. City i really like that tranquil synth. Heartbreakers seems like city music, especially "Gemini". Desire starts out really nice
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
merci,
multi
multivit72 wrote:
Jon wrote:
merci,
multi

ok - what about any remastering/difference in sound quality?

It's been a long time since I compared mine but as I remember the version with the animated or cartoon woman on the front was inferior. The one with the purple bars compared somewhat favorably to the vinyl.

Congrats multivit7 you got what I consider the best CD version!
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Flashpoint wrote:
multivit72 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Not sure about the music.
multivit72 wrote:
Jon wrote:
ok - what about any remastering/difference in sound quality?

It's been a long time since I compared mine but as I remember the version with the animated or cartoon woman on the front was inferior. The one with the purple bars compared somewhat favorably to the vinyl.

strike! :lol:

thanks for the info - the sound is absolutely ok indeed and I can certainly do without the other cover
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Flashpoint wrote:It's been a long time since I compared mine but as I remember the version with the animated or cartoon woman on the front was inferior. The one with the purple bars compared somewhat favorably to the vinyl.

Darn.

Guess which version I've got? :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:It's been a long time since I compared mine but as I remember the version with the animated or cartoon woman on the front was inferior. The one with the purple bars compared somewhat favorably to the vinyl.

Darn.

x 2....sounds fine though and I also have the vinyl.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Darn.

Yep, I don't remember it being particularly bad. In fact it's one of the better TD soundtrack recordings from this era.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Darn.

Yep, I don't remember it being particularly bad. In fact it's one of the better TD soundtrack recordings from this era.
Since it's been many years, I just did another compare or rather brief compare. On it's own the one with the animated woman cover is OK, but when compared to the purple bars covers CD to me it is nowhere as good. I think both of these CD's are now a bit on the expensive side. At least the vinyl is still reasonable :) - If you want the CD in best sound quality - purple bar cover is way to go, if you want in best ever sound get the vinyl.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

<click> so i guess /pop/ i'll get (crackle) the LP [hiss/click] so that i get the best {pop/pop/crackle} sound ev(crackle)er :roll: