Poland

Marc M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Marc M »

Poland..
I remember buying the double LP in late October or early November 84, when it was released here.
It wasn't a funny day as a little bird I had died that day. But anyway I love the album and think it's one of the very best TD album.
I've finally bought the one CD edition of Castle Recordings last week... I had bee happy with the numerous exceprts on the Dream roots Collection and the double LP... But I wanted a more complete CD version. It drives me nuts that they cut Barbakane... and they cut a good bit.

To make it clear, we agree that even the older double CD version just had the full Barbakane but not the rest of the concert, right ?

The good move was obviously to re-release the whole concert on 2 CD, but this kind of clever rerelease with 24-bit digital remastering, a 24-page booklet with unseen pictures and full details about the recordings and an interview of the original members, this kind of things never happens with TD, alas... :roll:

This Paul Stump is just stupid. Where is Tangerine Dream's music "pretentious ? I really wonder. :? Poor winner. This is the kind of blunt value judgement that means absolutely nothing... whether it's negative - or positive by the way.
Erik

Post by Erik »

yes, right. Poland is incomplete, the actual show had some encores. one of them being Choronzon. plus some announcement stuff
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

After a long wait, my copy of the 2-CD version arrived in time for Christmas. It's truly a shame how rare and pricey this edition has become. That said, I was quite pleased with the concert album. The percussion at the beginning of 'Poland' reminded me of the dance rhythms Jerome eventually introduced. Of the four tracks, 'Barbakane' was probably my least favorite overall. The ambient first three minutes of 'Horizon' seemed like a pointless waste of disc space to my modern ears.