Poland

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Poland

Post by cantosis »

I just got the castle edition of this album, As far as I am aware this is actually much shorter than the original concert, does any version have the full uncut concert?
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Yes. I have the 2-LP and the 2CD on CDR. (I also have the complete evening show bootleg, but that's another story)
24db

Re: Poland

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I just got the castle edition of this album, As far as I am aware this is actually much shorter than the original concert, does any version have the full uncut concert?
from VITN

While the original release of Poland featured about 80 minutes music, divided into four tracks, most of the mid-80's CD releases did not feature the complete music material because of limitations of the 1-CD format. They were shortened by nearly 25 minutes, leaving out the track Tangent (and Rare Bird) and shortening Barbakane. Only the German and US double CD releases featured the complete material.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

My 1CD version is only shortened with five minutes.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

This is certainly one album where you need to have the full version. Thankfully I managed to get the US double CD many years ago.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have the original USA 2CD and the 1 disc remaster :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:I have the original USA 2CD and the 1 disc remaster :arrow:
I have both also
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I also have both and although the 2CD set is longer the audio quality is not as good. It is more trebley I think...
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I had the 2 cd version that I picked up in Tokyo back in the mid 80's. But I donated it to the drawing at the Abbey fan meet last November. I wonder who won it? I now have it on cd-r. Will have to search around and see if I can pick it up from somewhere else again. I still have the 1 cd version.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I'm not sure which verison I have but the track listings are...

Poland 22:26
Tangent 19:55
Barbakane 13:52
Horizon 20:50
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

TangFanIRL wrote:
I also have both and although the 2CD set is longer the audio quality is not as good. It is more trebley I think...
The audio quality is better on the 2 cd version as the one disc remaster is way too loud and sounds distorted on various parts...The vinyl version which was my frst TD album sounds simply sublime. even on my humble equipment.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
The audio quality is better on the 2 cd version as the one disc remaster is way too loud and sounds distorted on various parts...The vinyl version which was my frst TD album sounds simply sublime. even on my humble equipment.
the Chrome tape sounds good as well

ebay! :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Well listening to this again this morning all the thoughts came flooding back from when I first heard it in the 90s. wonderfull album. TD have really made some amazing live albums
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

cantosis wrote:Well listening to this again this morning all the thoughts came flooding back from when I first heard it in the 90s. wonderfull album. TD have really made some amazing live albums
Very true Matt...I can't think of a TD live album I don't like ..I even like 220 Volt. 8)
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

GlynRichards wrote:I'm not sure which verison I have but the track listings are...

Poland 22:26
Tangent 19:55
Barbakane 13:52
Horizon 20:50
That's the longest 1CD version. Still missing Barbakane part 3.

BTW, in case someone didn't get the memo :wink: - no edition covers the full uncut concert, which had a bunch of stuff not found on the album, eg. further encores. (Also vice versa; Barbakane part 1 is a studio bonus)