THE KEEP. How much?????

zegaking
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

THE KEEP. How much?????

Post by zegaking »

Just wondered how much you guys have paid or are willing to pay for a TDI copy of THE KEEP.
Just watched a copy go on EBAY for £122.
thats alot of money.

Liam
24db

Re: THE KEEP. How much?????

Post by 24db »

zegaking wrote:Just wondered how much you guys have paid or are willing to pay for a TDI copy of THE KEEP.
Just watched a copy go on EBAY for £122.
thats alot of money.

Liam
£20...that's what TD sold them for, so that's how much I paid for it at the Astoria in 2003
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw don't forget there's been different issues of this CD (1997 and 1999), so the earlier card-crucifix version is even more collectible
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I paid roughly £100 for a copy from the 1999 pressing.
Haven't got the first edition.
timer

Post by timer »

£122 for the second edition !.
I got this on the 97 tour for £20, and although it makes an important addition to the TDCD collection, I can't say it's that good.
After reading all the hype about how god the music was on ths OST it seemed a must have, bit IMHO the bootlegs of this contain better material.
Heritage Survival is about all worth having on this release, but I wouldn't pay £122 for the priveledge.
zegaking

Post by zegaking »

the bootleg is always on ebay about £24.
might have a look at thet.
anyone know where i can get soundmill navigator and ambient monkeys??????

cheers

Liam
timer

Post by timer »

The lack of available titles must be realy frustrating for some fans out there.
Luckily for me I've kept with TD through think and thin since 1980, so there's not much outstanding for me to search for.

But with as many titles as TD have produced, to have all of them available would be commercial suicide. But it would be nice if TD in the furture could have a want's style section where people could ask for these out of print titles, and when they have a reasonable amount of request,do a ltd run of the originals.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:£122 for the second edition !.
I got this on the 97 tour for £20, and although it makes an important addition to the TDCD collection, I can't say it's that good.
After reading all the hype about how god the music was on ths OST it seemed a must have, bit IMHO the bootlegs of this contain better material.
Heritage Survival is about all worth having on this release, but I wouldn't pay £122 for the priveledge.
Got mine on the 1997 tour. Can't remember what I paid for it. Whilst it wasn't what I expected it is still a nice addition. Not sure I would pay £122 for it. TD still had copies for sale at the SBE show in 2005.

....actually I am sure that I wouldn't spend £122 for it.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Its crazy money,but this music is just AWESOME :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:The lack of available titles must be realy frustrating for some fans out there.
Luckily for me I've kept with TD through think and thin since 1980, so there's not much outstanding for me to search for.

But with as many titles as TD have produced, to have all of them available would be commercial suicide. But it would be nice if TD in the furture could have a want's style section where people could ask for these out of print titles, and when they have a reasonable amount of request,do a ltd run of the originals.
It's a problem for me Tim, as I lost track of TD in 1983. That's a lot of catching up!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I was bidding on the First edition back in 2002 which eventually went for over £400.00 :shock: needles to say it was not won by myself.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:Btw don't forget there's been different issues of this CD (1997 and 1999), so the earlier card-crucifix version is even more collectible
i bought mine in 1997 at the Birmingham Symphony Hall

This one is in a black cardboard sleeve with the crucifix showing through an oval cut out all very low key is this the first edition ?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:Btw don't forget there's been different issues of this CD (1997 and 1999), so the earlier card-crucifix version is even more collectible
i bought mine in 1997 at the Birmingham Symphony Hall

This one is in a black cardboard sleeve with the crucifix showing through an oval cut out all very low key is this the first edition ?
Yeah, that's the first edition I think
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I'll probably never own this. Rare or not, it's not one of their best albums and I wouldn't pay more than £20 for it.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

as with anything, an item is only worth what a collector or fan is prepared to pay for it.

Im still holding out to acquire one of the 100-300 Vinyl copies that possibly, maybe exist, perhaps :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....