Looking Back at Mars Polaris

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking Back at Mars Polaris

Post by epsilon75 »

My 2nd favorite album of the 1990s and i feel an exceptionally good one to finish off the decade.

"Comets Figure Head" a fantastic opener followed by the equally appealing "Rim of Schiaparelli & "Pilots of The Ether Belt".

The uptempo techno beats of "Outland" and "Astrophobia" mixed with more mellow atmospheric tracks like "Deep Space Cruiser" make this a sure fire winner for me.

Gutted i missed the premiere in Osnabruck :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Like you mate - wish I seen the Rocking Mars gig ! .

I have both versions (not being big headed here !) of MP, the Standard release and the withdrawn original release - both are truely excellent, but I would say that the withdrawn one seems to run with better continuity between the tracks.

Superb ! 8) 8)
hansx

Re: Looking Back at Mars Polaris

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:My 2nd favorite album of the 1990s and i feel an exceptionally good one to finish off the decade.

"Comets Figure Head" a fantastic opener followed by the equally appealing "Rim of Schiaparelli & "Pilots of The Ether Belt".

The uptempo techno beats of "Outland" and "Astrophobia" mixed with more mellow atmospheric tracks like "Deep Space Cruiser" make this a sure fire winner for me.

I didn't. I drove 3 hours in my car to it. Great concert from a very good cd.
timer

Re: Looking Back at Mars Polaris

Post by timer »

hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:My 2nd favorite album of the 1990s and i feel an exceptionally good one to finish off the decade.

I didn't. I drove 3 hours in my car to it. Great concert from a very good cd.
8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Brilliant album. Comets Figure Head is worth the price alone. From then on it's all a bonus. Lots of different styles and moods.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Awesome album which is one of TD's best ever..up there with the best.. 8)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I love this album, esp. Outland.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Jon

Post by Jon »

This was the last TD album I bought (1999) before I took a rather long break from buying their stuff. I always loved the 10 minute Comet's Figure Head, but I really didn't think the rest of the tracks were especially interesting.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Chris Monk wrote:Brilliant album. Comets Figure Head is worth the price alone. From then on it's all a bonus. Lots of different styles and moods.
Agreed Great album, Comets Figure Head is one of my all time Favourite tracks.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Must get this one, can`t remember if I have ever heard it. Is it worth getting that alternate version from Jerome for 40 euros?
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

cantosis wrote:Must get this one, can`t remember if I have ever heard it. Is it worth getting that alternate version from Jerome for 40 euros?
Why not? :-)
It's the same music as on Mars Mission Counter (on Membran) with one otherwise unreleased track.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Second TD album I ever got. Hated it. These days the irk sector is down to Deep Space Cruiser, Spiral Star Date and Mars Mission Counter tho. The rest isn't really bad. But yeah — those three are not even filler, they're joy-killer. :x

Everyone seems to be again digging the Jerome tracks here? From that subset, Pilots of the Ether Belt for some reason doesn't appear to get as much love as the others (CFH/Outland/Astrophobia). I do think they're all about equally good, maybe with a little more repetition in PotEB than the others…
iowa

Post by iowa »

i enjoyed reading your opinions about this TD CD.
it is one of my favorite TD pieces:

comet's figure head is excellent

Rim and Pilots are my least favorite tracks
but.......interesting as all TD music is.

Deep space cruiser was initially my favorite track
but now i think now 'outland' is...
it stirs up so many inner emotions...
only flaw, which is totally tolerable,
might be that it is a little heavy on the drums...

the rest of the CD is great
especially the sad
comtempative ending.

i listen to it over and over!!

iowa
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

iowa wrote:...Rim and Pilots are my least favorite tracks
but.......interesting as all TD music is...
Strange you say that, because Rim of Schiaparelli is one of my favourites from Mars Polaris. :-)

PS. The album is one of my favourites as well. Really great!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

timer wrote:Like you mate - wish I seen the Rocking Mars gig ! .

I have both versions (not being big headed here !) of MP, the Standard release and the withdrawn original release - both are truely excellent, but I would say that the withdrawn one seems to run with better continuity between the tracks.

Superb ! 8) 8)
I still love this album... I bit the bullet and bought the 'wrong' version from Jerome. :P
public class Geeks : IEarth { }