Looking Back at Mars Polaris

rigel
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rigel »

For me Mars Polaris is an uneven album. Therefore I cannot say it is a favourite, however there are some outstanding tracks: Comet's Figure Head and Astrophobia are by far the best pieces, in my view. I also like Rim of Schiaparelli and Pilots of the Ether Belt. But on the downside, I quite agree with Tropylium about those three dud tracks!
har

Post by har »

This is not one of my favourite TD albums and I dont play it often. I think its maybe some of the percussion which I find a bit intrusive on some of the tracks.

Had it on today;

Best tracks for me are Comets Figure Head followed by Deep Space Cruiser. The rest are still enjoyable though and I will play it again soon :wink:
iowa

Post by iowa »

i am retracting my opinion about the 2nd and 3rd tracks.
they are really growing on me.
the whole album is strangely compelling.
i continue to listen to it over and over.
iowa
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Real grower of an album. I enjoy it more as time goes on.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

Despite my caution and prudent research, I mistakenly bought one of the "flawed" versions with the GWOC tracks on it. It makes for a somewhat messy listen, especially since it doesn't really flow and I already own that other album. I bought Rocking Mars, so I've been enjoying that one instead.

There's one thing I don't really like about this period: that "clanky" preset that EF often uses. It's all over Mars Polaris and GWOC, plus some others. Something about that noise irritates me, and it's probably because I've heard it too many times.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Dont play Mars Polaris at all, prefer Rocking Mars (which I play a few times a year)
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...