WELCOME

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

stiffdog wrote:Thanks for the greetings guys, in response to andy's question yes I have seen them live I think 5 times, the last was leeds in 97 on what was the tournado tour, a shocking admission I know.
In my defence I have bought all the live DVD's and hopefully santa is bringing the new one.
It was probably seeing them live in the early 80's that got me so interested in the sound and technology of the time. I am a complete home cinema nut now and put alot of this at the door of the group showing what could be done with banks of equipment and loads of flashing LED's.
Another Fan to be drawn on by the Early 80's flashing LED's, maybe this is why the fanbase has subsided in recent years, the Led's have gone from view !. :shock:

New campaign - Bring back the Flashy lighty thingies ! :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
stiffdog wrote:Thanks for the greetings guys, in response to andy's question yes I have seen them live I think 5 times, the last was leeds in 97 on what was the tournado tour, a shocking admission I know.
In my defence I have bought all the live DVD's and hopefully santa is bringing the new one.
It was probably seeing them live in the early 80's that got me so interested in the sound and technology of the time. I am a complete home cinema nut now and put alot of this at the door of the group showing what could be done with banks of equipment and loads of flashing LED's.
Another Fan to be drawn on by the Early 80's flashing LED's, maybe this is why the fanbase has subsided in recent years, the Led's have gone from view !. :shock:

I thought the flashy flashing fings in Frankfurt were impressive ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:

I thought the flashy flashing fings in Frankfurt were impressive ;)
I was too far back to get the full hypnotic vibes from them Andy.
timer

Post by timer »

So Stiffdog, which other shows were you present at other than Leeds 97? 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum stiffdog,hope you enjoy here 8)

Were you the guy that got up on stage at the Leeds concert 97 :?: :wink: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stiffdog

Post by stiffdog »

Trying to remember that far back into ones youth is difficult, but all were at Sheffield city hall, the first was the white eagle era, I remember 'white eagle' itself sounded great, so much space between the layers of sound, then the Logos tour 83? then 1 or 2 more that seemed to be gigs of short pieces segued into each other 'lily' type era, also saw kraftwerk there around the early 80's, house buying and children seem to have put an end for the time being to concerts, shame.
24db

Post by 24db »

stiffdog wrote:Trying to remember that far back into ones youth is difficult, but all were at Sheffield city hall, the first was the white eagle era, I remember 'white eagle' itself sounded great, so much space between the layers of sound, then the Logos tour 83? then 1 or 2 more that seemed to be gigs of short pieces segued into each other 'lily' type era, also saw kraftwerk there around the early 80's, house buying and children seem to have put an end for the time being to concerts, shame.
October 22, 1981
November 4, 1982 (Logos tour)

You couldn't start with two better gigs...IMHO :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Alchemy Of The Art wrote:Hello All,

Another newbie here. I'm Dave from Bath, UK and have been an admirer of TD since Phaedra. At 36 years of age that's almost my lifetime or at least physically as far back as I can remember.

Not only do I appreciate Tangerine Dream & Edgar Froese sonically I also would like to raise some awareness to an amazing visual side of a great artist in his own right too. Edgar is and has always been an absolute inspiration to me in both sound and vision.

I will admit I lost a little interest in TD during the mid nineties until recently. Hearing some of the newer releases, especially the Snoring Watches ep has woken up a dormant TD side that kind of remained in the back of my mind for the past decade or so.

I would love to meet Edgar and TD again (I met Edgar along with the two Pauls, Jerome and Linda Spa in 1990 Bristol, Colston Hall). Being an artist, renowned live and promotional photographer my dream is to photograph the guys at some stage, perhaps in or around London.... oh, well now back to reality.

With my very best wishes to everyone here and of course a huge thanks for Tangerine Dream for decades of pure sonic brilliance.

Dave C.
Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum. Bath hey? Just a few miles from here. Shall be there on Monday to do some Christmas shopping.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Oh and Hi to stiffdog too.

Great to see a few new faces. :D