D M V

Justin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Justin »

I must admit a soft spot for DM1. It was a bit of a bolt from the blue when it arrived. Some quality tunes on there too.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:On the Dream Mixes-ometer DM5 is better than 1, partly better than some parts of 2, equal is places to the weaker stuff on 3 and not within a million miles of 4...all naturally IMHO ;)
That's pretty much my take on the DM series. I do feel a bit mean about complaining about DMV, it's still a great album, just not quite as good as DM4 and DM3. Just goes to show that the standard of the series has been pretty high.
5 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 I'd say. If that pattern holds, a #6 should be the best one yet to come :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Justin wrote:I must admit a soft spot for DM1. It was a bit of a bolt from the blue when it arrived. Some quality tunes on there too.
I agree Justin.... some very good tracks on DM1 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Justin wrote:I must admit a soft spot for DM1. It was a bit of a bolt from the blue when it arrived. Some quality tunes on there too.
I remember the first time I heard it, I was just blown away.....

....I even forgave them for the pink/yellow cover. :wink: :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Chris Monk wrote:
I remember the first time I heard it, I was just blown away.....

....I even forgave them for the pink/yellow cover. :wink: :wink:
Me too. I was so blown away by DM1 that I stopped listening to TD for over 4 years. I was slowly losing interest in the band from 1992 forward and DM1 just put me over the edge. I stepped off for awhile and took a break.
Justin

Post by Justin »

I think that DM1 gave TD a welcome and unexpected shot in the arm. I think TD's output around that time needed a little jump start, although I still enjoy other work around the mid 90's. If you look back at the TD back catalogue there are various examples of an unexpected change of pace/style which for me hold up as some of the my favourite and most interesting, just look at Force Majeure, Tangram, Optical Race, DM1 and Madcap's. All i'm sure provided both unrest and renewed interest amongst TD fans.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
24db

Post by 24db »

Justin wrote:I think that DM1 gave TD a welcome and unexpected shot in the arm. I think TD's output around that time needed a little jump start, although I still enjoy other work around the mid 90's. If you look back at the TD back catalogue there are various examples of an unexpected change of pace/style which for me hold up as some of the my favourite and most interesting, just look at Force Majeure, Tangram, Optical Race, DM1 and Madcap's. All i'm sure provided both unrest and renewed interest amongst TD fans.
some of them certainly needed it ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the DM series have been a nice sideline to the main output. Enjoyable,variable, nothing special, but good stuff nevertheless.

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

My best of DM series would be

Little Blonde In The Park of Attraction (Thai Dub Mix)
Touchwood (Forest Mix)
Sojus
Mobocaster
Digital Sister
Timesquare
Prime Time
Diamonds and Dust
The Comfort Zone
World of The Day
Perplex Parts
Meta Morph Magic
The Return of Time
Scope of Mind
Meshwork

Some great stuff amongst the series
8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Justin wrote:All i'm sure provided both unrest and renewed interest amongst TD fans.
Don't all TD's changes in musical direction? :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Chris Monk wrote:
Justin wrote:All i'm sure provided both unrest and renewed interest amongst TD fans.
Don't all TD's changes in musical direction? :wink:
The non-changes, too. :P
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Listen to the Music Clip of DM5 on track 1 it said make track 1.
This week was post to be released DM5 this week However it got push back till end October.
If don’t have it The Five Atomic Season & DMV by then there goanna Cancelled all album. :roll:

so have look rare Bootleg CD for it. :lol:

:!: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

thank god, that's cleared that one up then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I Listen to the Music Clip of DM5 on track 1 it said make track 1.
This week was post to be released DM5 this week However it got push back till end October.
If don’t have it The Five Atomic Season & DMV by then there goanna Cancelled all album. :roll:

so have look rare Bootleg CD for it. :lol:

:roll: :? :? :shock: :o :o :? :lol: :roll: :? :x :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

:!: :arrow:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:thank god, that's cleared that one up then!
:lol: :roll: :shock: :wink: