LIVE AT COVENTRY

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote: would have been a wise investment :wink: Although it would have probably been highly unlikely that you could release it in any form?

And no idea if that was the entire gig with audio.
chances are it would have been terrible...with all the film stuck to the film canister, without anyway of checking it before I bought it
You think Andrew would have at least thrown in the "Rubycon Sessions" as a bonus :wink:
just thrown it out...soooooooooooooo old hat, bongos are the future!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
SequenceC wrote:I haven't got this, but looking at amazon, it has terrible reviews.

The main issue is that the actual music from the concert is not used, but Ricochet is overdubbed, so hence it doesn't fit with the video footage. I've seen and read that there's only about 10 minutes of footage, which has been slowed down in parts (to make up time), repeated and has many annoying effects.

In an ideal world, the entire concert would be released with the music from the concert from October 4th, 1975 and no cheap effects. But I doubt that would happen :(

Looking at that youtube clip it does indeed look like a poor release, but I guess to have anything on film from that period is a bonus.
It's not brilliant but I suspect it's the best we will get from that period.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
ant

Post by ant »

:) Thanks guys for your responses. As I suspected, it looks like the same as the one I have already got so I will not be buying it again. It is good to have as a memory of the airing at the time but unfortunately, as with most music things in the 70's, completely spoilt by silly add-ons over the picture which make it very difficult to actually make out the band etc. Very annoying but typical of the time and of Mr Palmer. Seemed clever at the time I expect but even then I found it very unnecessary. I assume as Voiceprint are bringing this out now, the one I bought is now no longer available??

If you haven't got it it is worth getting as a collectors item but really nothing more. Should be priced at £4.99 not £9.99 as it is less than half an hour!! :(
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

well, it all looks the same as already was on the market. Unless, they did add some new old things on it. But I doubt that very much. :(
dgb1

Post by dgb1 »

I bought it this time around due to the fact that I didn't already own it.
Amazon UK had it wrongly listed as 45 minutes long - I sent it back to them twice as it was only 27 minutes long on the DVD they sent me, but it looks like that that is actually the running time.
I quite like it, pity it's less than half an hour though!

David
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::) Thanks guys for your responses. As I suspected, it looks like the same as the one I have already got so I will not be buying it again. It is good to have as a memory of the airing at the time but unfortunately, as with most music things in the 70's, completely spoilt by silly add-ons over the picture which make it very difficult to actually make out the band etc. Very annoying but typical of the time and of Mr Palmer. Seemed clever at the time I expect but even then I found it very unnecessary. I assume as Voiceprint are bringing this out now, the one I bought is now no longer available??

If you haven't got it it is worth getting as a collectors item but really nothing more. Should be priced at £4.99 not £9.99 as it is less than half an hour!! :(
worst thing being that if you'd watched this at the time (on BBC 2) you would have missed Fawlty Towers over on BBC1 ;)
David Gale

Post by David Gale »

24db wrote:
ant wrote::) Thanks guys for your responses. As I suspected, it looks like the same as the one I have already got so I will not be buying it again. It is good to have as a memory of the airing at the time but unfortunately, as with most music things in the 70's, completely spoilt by silly add-ons over the picture which make it very difficult to actually make out the band etc. Very annoying but typical of the time and of Mr Palmer. Seemed clever at the time I expect but even then I found it very unnecessary. I assume as Voiceprint are bringing this out now, the one I bought is now no longer available??

worst thing being that if you'd watched this at the time (on BBC 2) you would have missed Fawlty Towers over on BBC1 ;)
Which is why I never got to see the programme first time round. It is one of my abiding memories of teenage years being in raptures to discover TD on the box and then being told that "no-one else wanted to watch that rubbish so turn over to Fawlty Towers." Why couldn't they have invented the VCR before?

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Slightly of track but I seem to remember some footage of TD in concert on a programme called 'All you need is love' with Mike Oldfield and TD featuring in the last part. I think I saw this in the shops last Christmas but it was so long after I saw the programme I couldn't remember if a) there was much footage or b) if it was taken from the Coventry material — I remember it being different but that may be my mind playing tricks. Does anyone have this and is it different?
24db

Post by 24db »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:Slightly of track but I seem to remember some footage of TD in concert on a programme called 'All you need is love' with Mike Oldfield and TD featuring in the last part. I think I saw this in the shops last Christmas but it was so long after I saw the programme I couldn't remember if a) there was much footage or b) if it was taken from the Coventry material — I remember it being different but that may be my mind playing tricks. Does anyone have this and is it different?
it was from Coventry. I seem to remember it features the original sound but only lasts seconds or a minute at best
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Thanks for that, I'll cross it off the crimbo list then :D