LIVE AT COVENTRY

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

LIVE AT COVENTRY

Post by ant »

:? I notice that Voiceprint are releasing the TD Live At Coventry DVD on 5th July. Does anyone know if this is the same as the one released earlier or is it a longer version with the correct music on it?? If it is a different version I will invest but not if it is the same thing. :)
Biggus Dickus
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

this one....

http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/web/Release/TPDVD169/

looks like a re-release to me. :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I was under the impression that TD has severed ties as far as releases go with voiceprint,but i could be wrong...... looks very much like a re-release.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

I haven't got this, but looking at amazon, it has terrible reviews.

The main issue is that the actual music from the concert is not used, but Ricochet is overdubbed, so hence it doesn't fit with the video footage. I've seen and read that there's only about 10 minutes of footage, which has been slowed down in parts (to make up time), repeated and has many annoying effects.

In an ideal world, the entire concert would be released with the music from the concert from October 4th, 1975 and no cheap effects. But I doubt that would happen :(
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

SequenceC wrote:I haven't got this, but looking at amazon, it has terrible reviews.

The main issue is that the actual music from the concert is not used, but Ricochet is overdubbed, so hence it doesn't fit with the video footage. I've seen and read that there's only about 10 minutes of footage, which has been slowed down in parts (to make up time), repeated and has many annoying effects.

In an ideal world, the entire concert would be released with the music from the concert from October 4th, 1975 and no cheap effects. But I doubt that would happen :(

Looking at that youtube clip it does indeed look like a poor release, but I guess to have anything on film from that period is a bonus.
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:I haven't got this, but looking at amazon, it has terrible reviews.

Well...the music does fit the pictures...as Franke helped Tony Palmer to edit it ;) whether the results are rubbish is a moot point, let's all go back to 1976 and complain...that's how it was broadcast, so you've got to imagine how it went down then, as well as the mindset and technology of the time (a game of 'cutting edge' Ricochet anybody?). The DVD is terrible value for money and can't be recommended on any level, well...unless you can find a copy for a couple of quid signed by Peter Baumann in gold leaf ;)

I personally wouldn't trust Voiceprint to run a bath.

Between all the effects at least you can just about see what TD looked like in 1975. If it's not enough then youtube has a few clips, but (as we all know)...not a lot.
24db

Post by 24db »

Perhaps I should have bought the original film when I had the chance :)

CVS No 3437: Colour Film Services Ltd

mind you gawd knows what state it would have been in after all those years
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:

Well...the music does fit the pictures...as Franke helped Tony Palmer to edit it ;) whether the results are rubbish is a moot point, let's all go back to 1976 and complain...that's how it was broadcast, so you've got to imagine how it went down then, as well as the mindset and technology of the time (a game of 'cutting edge' Ricochet anybody?). The DVD is terrible value for money and can't be recommended on any level, well...unless you can find a copy for a couple of quid signed by Peter Baumann in gold leaf ;)

I personally wouldn't trust Voiceprint to run a bath.

Between all the effects at least you can just about see what TD looked like in 1975. If it's not enough then youtube has a few clips, but (as we all know)...not a lot.
I didn't know Chris helped Tony for the editing.

Yes unfortunately, there isn't much footage of TD in this era, which is probably why many people would like to buy the DVD (despite the terrible value for money, etc.)

We can dream, even though it is unlikely we would get a full DVD release with the entire concert, original audio and no effects.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:Perhaps I should have bought the original film when I had the chance :)

How much did they want for it Andy, and was there only one copy?
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote:Perhaps I should have bought the original film when I had the chance :)

I was too frightened to ask (one copy I think)...as it was I spent almost £500...I must have been nuts :D
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote:

I was too frightened to ask (one copy I think)...as it was I spent almost £500...I must have been nuts :D
would have been a wise investment :wink: Although it would have probably been highly unlikely that you could release it in any form?

And no idea if that was the entire gig with audio.
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote: How much did they want for it Andy, and was there only one copy?
would have been a wise investment :wink: Although it would have probably been highly unlikely that you could release it in any form?

chances are it would have been terrible...with all the film stuck to the film canister, without anyway of checking it before I bought it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote: I was too frightened to ask (one copy I think)...as it was I spent almost £500...I must have been nuts :D

chances are it would have been terrible...with all the film stuck to the film canister, without anyway of checking it before I bought it
You think Andrew would have at least thrown in the "Rubycon Sessions" as a bonus :wink:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote: I was too frightened to ask (one copy I think)...as it was I spent almost £500...I must have been nuts :D

ouch, talk about a risk purchase.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote: would have been a wise investment :wink: Although it would have probably been highly unlikely that you could release it in any form?

You think Andrew would have at least thrown the "Rubycon Sessions" as a bonus :wink:
Just imagine that boxset, several hours of top quality classic dream, and a booklet with pages of information and photos

think many of us would very happily spend several hundred pounds on that in an instant. 8)