Epsilon In Malaysian Pale.

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:I'm listening to EIMP accompanied by the sound of rain, after a nice summer thunder... bliss... :D
Jacob

Enjoy :D 8) :D 8) :arrow:
I am. Although it's transfered from tape, the magic is not concealed.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Epsilon In Malaysian Pale by Edgar Froese, 1975. 9/10

Taken out of context, I add this review into the number of other releases, which refers to how my life seemed poorer without this album.
On diverse fan fora, there has been no lack of extravagant eulogies, but personally, I must appear a tad more unimpressed, now I finally hear Epsilon In Malaysian Pale. Although it stylistically leans toward Rubycon, my musical innocence is a little rough around the edges, after listening to remixed excerpts, a re-recording in its entirety, as well as a backwards version of Maroubra Bay.
Anyways, the album is a little different than the re-recording. I think the original has lesser nerve, and hearing the re-recording at first, and having it on cd, contrarily to this cassette, I guess I’ll return to the aforementioned re-recording more often.
In attempt to sum up, why the album has gained such a hearing, I can only guess.
The title track is a tropical, almost god-fearing mellotron parade, seeking a trance-like calmness, with undertones of the subconscious, with the disturbing timbres.
Tangerine Dream sought this style, if not more western sounding, when they in 1975 played a string of cathedral concerts in England.
My memory seems to fail after listening to the track to end. No trace of melodic hit potential here. Is this because the music is forgetable? Nah, actually not, it rather strives towards a metaphysical level.
The most odd about this album, is that the second side of the album almost feels backwards, after having listened the backwards version, on the compilation LP, Electronic Dreams
We’re talking about quite fast, sequencer based music, optimistically glittering in on the sunny hemisphere of the sinister Rubycon Part 1.
It’s genius, by all means. Even David Bowie used the album as an alibi to flee to Berlin, after a drug-ridden era in USA, around his ‘soul’ album, Young Americans, but I have, unfortunately, heard too much, before I heard the original, and Epsilon In Malaysian Pale from 2004 is my Epsilon In Malaysian Pale, I dare say.
(March 2007)
Last edited by Pertou on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Pertou wrote:Epsilon In Malaysian Pale by Edgar Froese, 1975. 9/10

Taken out of context, I add this review into the number of other releases, which refers to how my life seemed poorer without this album.
On diverse fan fora, there has been no lack of extravagant eulogies, but personally, I must appear a tad more unimpressed, now I finally hear Epsilon In Malaysian Pale. Although it stylistically leans toward Rubycon, my musical innocence is a little rough around the edges, after listening to remixed excerpts, a re-recording in its entirety, as well as a backwards version of Maroubra Bay.
Anyways, the album is a little different than the re-recording. I think the original has lesser nerve, and hearing the re-recording at first, and having it on cd, contrarily to this cassette, I guess I’ll return to the aforementioned re-recording more often.
In attempt to sum up, why the album has gained such a hearing, I can only guess.
The title track is a tropical, almost god-fearing mellotron parade, seeking a trance-like calmness, with undertones of the subconscious, with the disturbing timbres.
Tangerine sought this style, if not more western sounding, when they in 1975 played a string of cathedral concerts in England.
My memory seems to fail after listening to the track to end. No trace of melodic hit potential here. Is this because the music is forgetable? Nah, actually not, it rather strives towards a metaphysical level.
The most odd about this album, is that the second side of the album almost feels backwards, after having listened the backwards version, on the compilation LP, Electronic Dreams
We’re talking about quite fast, sequencer based music, optimistically glittering in on the sunny hemisphere of the sinister Rubycon Part 1.
It’s genius, by all means. Even David Bowie used the album as an alibi to flee to Berlin, after a drug-ridden era in USA, around his ‘soul’ album, Young Americans, but I have, unfortunately, heard too much, before I heard the original, and Epsilon In Malaysian Pale from 2004 is my Epsilon In Malaysian Pale, I dare say.
(March 2007)
Nice review Jacob :D

I like both versions of this album.
Be at one with the sequencing.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Good honest review Jacob..............But nothing will touch that original IMHO........Classic is a worthy title :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

EIMP, for me, thee BM, is one of the greatest electronic music albums ever created....so why?....well, as with the vast majority of TD and EF work, the cover is a totem....signalling the music. The music itself is timeless, with a cinematic quality and a distant almost nocturnal ambiance....like listening to sounds outside the window.....invoking imagination. I know I bang on about how great EIMP and yes it is over rated........... but not by much.

Its gaudinian, in that it is sound sculpture par excellence and magically architectural. :D

the above is me opinion :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

And i totally agree with your opinion :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:EIMP, the cover is a totem....signalling the music.

I've always felt that this cover fitted the music perfectly. Both are quite beautiful!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:

I've always felt that this cover fitted the music perfectly. Both are quite beautiful!
Yes very true Mick,im in the process of trying to get a T/Shirt made with the cover on the front and back :wink:
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Just want to keep this thread going !! :lol:

Best ever.................
David Fox
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Yes very true Mick,im in the process of trying to get a T/Shirt made with the cover on the front and back :wink:
You'll be keeping that printers in business Colin. It would make a lovely shirt though.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

agreed

eimp is so good its unreal, surreal, out there and in here, in my head as i type.....the mellotron, the distant sequencing.....sounding now and evocative, typically tropical......... :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

[quote="bigmoog] typically tropical......... :D[/quote]

Whoa!, I'm going to Barbados! :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

You'll be keeping that printers in business Colin. It would make a lovely shirt though.

Got to have one made Mick,there is nothing coming from the eastgate shop or Edgars store so i will again get my own done 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Yes very true Mick,im in the process of trying to get a T/Shirt made with the cover on the front and back :wink:

Got to have one made Mick,there is nothing coming from the eastgate shop or Edgars store so i will again get my own done 8)
I like the exclusivity of making your own Colin (not that the official merchandise ships by the lorry load).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If they just got Thirty of the most popular printed up at a time Mick,i doubt very much if they would be left with a lot hanging about :arrow: