Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:53 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
Used original version cds now selling on Amazon for up to £357.00 :roll: :!:

This is stupid for a good album. Glad to have it in my own collection. :D

Makes you wonder why Virgin don't re-release it.

for 260 fans? Virgin wouldn't ring their Printing plant for that number, never mind ask them to turn on the electricity ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:12 pm 

Too bad really.

I must confess I love the "Epsilon" remix. It mixes the old sequencer patterns and mellotron melodies with new digital sounds which is quite fascinating to listen to. I love that moment when the typical 70's sequencer is joined by these new "bell" sounds on "Maroubra Bay". 8)

But over 350 Pounds for a CD running 34 minutes is rediculous! I consider myself a real fan, but I'd never pay that much. :shock: Money doesn't grow on trees, does it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:35 pm 

MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

I must confess I love the "Epsilon" remix. It mixes the old sequencer patterns and mellotron melodies with new digital sounds which is quite fascinating to listen to. I love that moment when the typical 70's sequencer is joined by these new "bell" sounds on "Maroubra Bay". 8)

But over 350 Pounds for a CD running 34 minutes is rediculous! I consider myself a real fan, but I'd never pay that much. :shock: Money doesn't grow on trees, does it?

I got my copy for £7.99 in a second hand shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:43 pm 

24db wrote:
MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

I got my copy for £7.99 in a second hand shop[/quote

I got my copy for 5 quid a while back. Theres a Beatles LP..the Whiite Album on e bay at the moment and it's currently sitting at 1120 quid. Crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm 

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

I got my copy for £7.99 in a second hand shop[/quote

I got my copy for 5 quid a while back. Theres a Beatles LP..the Whiite Album on e bay at the moment and it's currently sitting at 1120 quid. Crazy.

I knew I shouldn't have bid so much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:08 am 

24db wrote:
MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

I got my copy for £7.99 in a second hand shop

Why not sell it if you dont like it :arrow: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:56 pm 

I don't know why people don't shell out on a half decent second hand turntable, and then buy the vinyl for £2.99 at your local record fair.

It may not seem good value just for Epsilon - but then think what access you have to ready and cheap TD music... Flashpoint? Two a penny! Legend? Firestarter? Shy People? Poland (four tracks)? All common as muck!

And then you get all the album art too.

Long live vinyl!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:31 pm 

billythefish wrote:
I don't know why people don't shell out on a half decent second hand turntable, and then buy the vinyl for £2.99 at your local record fair.

It may not seem good value just for Epsilon - but then think what access you have to ready and cheap TD music... Flashpoint? Two a penny! Legend? Firestarter? Shy People? Poland (four tracks)? All common as muck!

And then you get all the album art too.

Long live vinyl!!!

I must admit that it's possible to get a very cheap GOOD music collection by buying good used LP's.

Seriously though, a good used turntable (or a tough as old boots new one like a Technics 1210) would be a great idea.

I'm really glad my wife didn't get her own way in making me get rid of my LP's. The music is so much a part of my life and I still spin the old deck every so often.

As for EIMP, Maroubra Bay is sublime IMO and I'm glad I have it on CD (I may be a bit tight for dosh but I ain't selling!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm 

MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

In general I've loved all of the Tangentised re-releases. The only bit I don't like, yes you've guessed it, is the bell sound on Maroubra Bay. :oops:

PS CM will be available for a damn good beating at the Astoria on 20th April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:26 pm 

Good on you Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 pm 

Chris Monk wrote:
MrCox wrote:
Too bad really.

In general I've loved all of the Tangentised re-releases. The only bit I don't like, yes you've guessed it, is the bell sound on Maroubra Bay. :oops:

PS CM will be available for a damn good beating at the Astoria on 20th April.

Nothing wrong with honesty Chris,i still prefer the original :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:13 am 

Original original..........

Believe me I'm a big fan but some of the re-releases do nothing for me - there is not enough changes to make it fresher than before, and in some cases its spot the difference. Melrose years re-mix of Ghazal (one of my all time favs) lost the long coda fade which was the high spot of a great song. The DM series was a case where remix worked.

Maroubra bay is a pure piece of musical greatness - I have though so for 30 odd years I'd play it if I'm honest once evey 10 days I never tire of it - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:17 am 

akaihead wrote:

Believe me I'm a big fan but some of the re-releases do nothing for me - there is not enough changes to make it fresher than before, and in some cases its spot the difference. Melrose years re-mix of Ghazal (one of my all time favs) lost the long coda fade which was the high spot of a great song. The DM series was a case where remix worked.

Maroubra bay is a pure piece of musical greatness - I have though so for 30 odd years I'd play it if I'm honest once evey 10 days I never tire of it - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

David,that just about sums it up in a nutshell :D :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:03 am 

akaihead wrote:

Totally agree, absolutely love Marouba Bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:31 pm 

billythefish wrote:

Mainly because I had to sell my amp and speakers and replace them with a distinctly average midi system. :(

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6 [ 77 posts ] 

Jump to: