Rumpelstiltskin

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A bit pricey to say the least...he has a few other TD & related CD's listed some quite intersting.
redziller

Post by redziller »

The cassette tapes went for a silly low price the other day - forgot all about it until it had been won - just one bid @99p IIRC :shock:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

OUCH!!!

I've got the American version somewhere. It's OK but certainly not worth that much. Not surprised there haven't been any bids yet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Sold my copy some time ago (CD/Poster boxset)
rigel

Post by rigel »

Ah, Rumpelstiltskin! I still have my CD box set, with the poster and the bit on the packaging where you can fill in the blank: "This storybook belongs to ..."

I do remember LOVING the music on this unusual release. Particularly the main theme and the marvellous "Rumpel Town." It's been years since I listened to it; must do so again.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Sold my copy some time ago (CD/Poster boxset)
Won't be getting rid of mine any time soon. It holds sentimental value now. Both my boys used to love listening to it when they were younger.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Won't be getting rid of mine any time soon. It holds sentimental value now. Both my boys used to love listening to it when they were younger.
then it serves a real function, rather than just being another dusty shelf filler ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
then it serves a real function, rather than just being another dusty shelf filler ;)
Yeh. It serves to remind them that they used to all soft and childish when they're getting all uppity. :wink: :wink:
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I like how it says "Music performed by Tangerine Dream (Edgar Froese)" :)

...another EF solo 'TD' release then :lol:

Would have thought Jerome participated on it somewhere, will have to check mine out, couple of decent tracks on it tho, certainly not worth 120 notes.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Well, I had always assumed it was a genuine collaborative effort between Edgar and Jerome. I recall thinking that some of the simple piano melodies were Jerome's creation.

Does anyone know if this release was, in reality, the work of just Edgar?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Edgar would..... :wink:
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

rigel wrote:... Does anyone know if this release was, in reality, the work of just Edgar?
Nobody of us knows the reality, but on that list Jerome Froese: Works with Tangerine Dream 1990 – 2006 (shown 2007 at Moonpop website) Rumpel Town was credited to JF.

Btw. I wonder, in how many american children's rooms or storerooms this collector's item lies around unnoticedly ... :)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Sounds a bit like Zoning. IIRC JF only contributed to the first and last track, although I'd have to check.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Again one at eBay: