Renaissance Revolution on BBC2

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

The BBC tend to use electronic music in a lot of shows, TD have been used a few times downs the years as well. I Remember even hearing LOART on Masterchef a couple of years ago.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:The BBC tend to use electronic music in a lot of shows, TD have been used a few times downs the years as well. I Remember even hearing LOART on Masterchef a couple of years ago.
The Beeb are using TD approx every two weeks (at least at the moment) :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:The BBC tend to use electronic music in a lot of shows, TD have been used a few times downs the years as well. I Remember even hearing LOART on Masterchef a couple of years ago.

Is their a site where you can find this info out, I would be interested to read what music is used where.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:

Is their a site where you can find this info out, I would be interested to read what music is used where.
I've no idea (I've just heard about it about 6 or 7 months ago)...it's technically er 'naughty'/ a grey area, at best...but whatver you get up it in the comfort of your own living room is your business ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

24db

Post by 24db »

actually the use of music was really unimaginitive....just the same sections repeated over and over throughout the 3 programmes. Nice to hear TD on TV again though
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I'm looking forward to visiting museums of art whilst I listen to Tangerine Dream on headphones. I do feel that the more classical style of TD music such as Hyperborea, Exit, and Phaedra will indeed complement the classical masters works of art and that the more jazz/rock style of TD music such as Tyger, 220 Volt live, and Turn of The Tides will be a superb contrast 8)

It was good that the Renaisance Revolution series made the important point the it was the modern art of its time :)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Shame the BBC don't credit the original musicians at the end of the show, most people will assume it's just incidental music made by some department at the BEEB so probably won't add to any new legions of fans. :cry:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Although not TD,

You may be interested to know that Harmonia's "Watussi" (from Musik Von Harmonia) was briefly played tonight on the Top Gear Christmas Special (about 30 min in)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... t_Special/
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

SequenceC wrote:Although not TD,

You may be interested to know that Harmonia's "Watussi" (from Musik Von Harmonia) was briefly played tonight on the Top Gear Christmas Special (about 30 min in)

I wouldn't swear to it but I think that might actually have been Clean Coloured Wire by Engineers - albeit built on a huge sample of Watussi. I stand to be corrected.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Six By Nine wrote:
SequenceC wrote:Although not TD,

I wouldn't swear to it but I think that might actually have been Clean Coloured Wire by Engineers - albeit built on a huge sample of Watussi. I stand to be corrected.
Ah interesting, wasn't aware of that.