too much saxaphone?

burningbrain
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by burningbrain »

A Toot.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Guess it depends on how much you like the sax. For me, not too much sax please. I rather like the flute in combination with the synths.
rigel

Post by rigel »

A misplaced toot can ruin things, sure, but I maintain a bad track is a bad track, with or without sax. Regarding other rock bands that have used this instrument to good effect, may I cite Pink Floyd? The sax on Dark Side of the Moon, for example, is terrific.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

rigel wrote:A misplaced toot can ruin things, sure, but I maintain a bad track is a bad track, with or without sax. Regarding other rock bands that have used this instrument to good effect, may I cite Pink Floyd? The sax on Dark Side of the Moon, for example, is terrific.
I agree, and would just like to add that The Saxophone Song on the Kate Bush album The Kick Inside is another shining example.
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Erik

Post by Erik »

Marakesh wrote:
rigel wrote:A misplaced toot can ruin things, sure, but I maintain a bad track is a bad track, with or without sax. Regarding other rock bands that have used this instrument to good effect, may I cite Pink Floyd? The sax on Dark Side of the Moon, for example, is terrific.
I agree, and would just like to add that The Saxophone Song on the Kate Bush album The Kick Inside is another shining example.
amen to that
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Jon

Post by Jon »

And the brilliant Terminal Frost from A Momentary Lapse Of Reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfJyo1swhI
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'll add my vote to that.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

a sensible example of a saxophone in an electronic musick setting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiHEtarg ... re=related

cybotron are worth tracking down :P :shock:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Erik

Post by Erik »

seriously, the sax version of The Last Wave from the London Eye show is beautiful. stuff like that NEEDS to be put on an album
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Erik wrote:seriously, the sax version of The Last Wave from the London Eye show is beautiful. stuff like that NEEDS to be put on an album
Absolutely, The Last Soldier is sublime. I often play the London Eye DVD or CD for better sound quality 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Marakesh wrote:
........and not forgetting Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...