Sohoman

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sohoman

Post by Chris Monk »

Still downloading CDs to my new laptop and I've finally gotten round to Tangerine Dream. Looking at the back of my copy of Sohoman I noticed that it says "Live in Sydney 1982 Part One". Does this mean that a Part Two was planned and canned? If so, any chance that it might get a release? Over to you Edgar....

.... or is it Edagar.* :wink:

*Yep, that's how it's spelt on the back of Sohoman. Proves it's a genuine TD release. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

wasn't that release just part of the show?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Given the massive response to this thread I guess Edgar won't be rush-releasing Part Two any time soon. :wink:

Am I the only one who likes it?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:Given the massive response to this thread I guess Edgar won't be rush-releasing Part Two any time soon. :wink:

Am I the only one who likes it?
I like it Chris but would've preferd it to be as it was played.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Have you not heard this? Its the whole concert over two cd's (i think)!
Great sounding cd with no overdubs!

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/sydney_1982.htm
Erik

Post by Erik »

yea but it's not sohomon
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

It is the same concert! 8)
Erik

Post by Erik »

a good one at that too. Ayer's Majestic should've been on an album
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Erik wrote:yea but it's not sohomon
Yep. I was going to say that. As good as Sydney 1982 may be, it ain't as good as Sohoman.
Erik

Post by Erik »

wat.

wait did sohomon have better sound or something?
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

I think the Bootmoon sound is quite good but Sohoman is only half the concert and has some annoying clicking sound all the way thru the last track....the sound fluctuates(?)! :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I think the Bootmoon sound is quite good but Sohoman is only half the concert and has some annoying clicking sound all the way thru the last track....the sound fluctuates(?)! :cry:
Clicking? sounds a bit like Soundmill Navigator
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Your so right! What was i thinking! 8)

Soundmill Navigator had sooo much promise but that clicking noise....Grrr! :x
Erik

Post by Erik »

i didn't really notice it until it was pointed out
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

Hello.

I am new here. I hope I can find out lots of information about The great Tangerine Dream on this forum.

And I hope I can give that I know. :)

I really like this concert.

The best version I hear was the Tangerine Tree recording (I hope I am allowed to mention that here - if not the greatest apologies :oops: ). It is the re-released Tangerine Tree recording which is the best sound.
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/ttrer037.htm

The Bootmoon recording is same one as the first Tangerine Tree release and this is not so good sound quality...
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/ttree037.htm

Sohoman is only first part of this concert. I like Sohoman because it has extra parts added but I do know some people do not like this added music.

:)