TANGERINE DREAM: VIRGIN YEARS 1974-1978 (3CD Set)

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

:oops: and typically.........

about 30 mins after I posted the above comment I received a parcel through the letter-box. My 3CD set.....

No idea if it's the original one they sent or if it's the replacement.

I emailed them...

So, nice set.
And interestingly, from the booklet, we discover that Sequent C from Phaedra was written by Hans Baumann, not Peter as we thought all these years :roll:
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Cyclone wrote:
multivit72 wrote:... edit: ah, my bad, the listing has ended I see. ...
16,99 Euro and no shipping costs till Sunday night at jpc.
Thanks, cyclone - thats actually exactly what I did this morning...
as a "rolling stone" subscriber I get an additional 8 percent at jpc, so thats an even better deal. generally, its a nice store. (you can also pre-order the Endless season for 13,99 Euro by the way..)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Speaking of cyclone - I havent listened to this record in ages, so the compilation provided ma with an opportunity to revisit it. Like it much more than I remembered! The sound is also quite good, has anybody had the time to make a comparision with the "definitive edition"?

only thing missing from a completist point of view would be the 7inch/excerpt version of bent cold sidewalk
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Will this be appearing in the Eastgate shop, do you think?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

GlynRichards wrote:Will this be appearing in the Eastgate shop, do you think?

No dont think so.
genesis1964

Post by genesis1964 »

Received mine last week and I have to say I am very impressed with this compilation
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

I've been considering purchasing this set myself for a few weeks, but the mixed reviews sort of put me off and I've got all of the CD's already, so there's not much new material to be had other than the shorter 7 inch versions.

What I ended up doing was looking out the old 70-80 vinyl box set and giving those albums a spin.... the sound quality on those LP's might actually be better than the 1995 CD remasters.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Schulze wrote:What I ended up doing was looking out the old 70-80 vinyl box set and giving those albums a spin.... the sound quality on those LP's might actually be better than the 1995 CD remasters.... :wink:
If memory serves me correctly Virgin did a really good job with those albums. The sound on them was, for that time, pretty awesome.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Chris Monk wrote:
Schulze wrote:What I ended up doing was looking out the old 70-80 vinyl box set and giving those albums a spin.... the sound quality on those LP's might actually be better than the 1995 CD remasters.... :wink:
If memory serves me correctly Virgin did a really good job with those albums. The sound on them was, for that time, pretty awesome.
Yeah, the sound is pretty good, and my turntable is neither the best nor the newest.... :lol:

I managed to pick the boxset up for under 20 quid a couple of years ago and in excellent condition. It makes me wonder if the new CD set is that much of a bargain? Although I'm still very tempted at £12.99 from Amazon.

It might have been better if Virgin had released a package similar to 70-80 in CD format.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
har

Post by har »

Schulze wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Yeah, the sound is pretty good, and my turntable is neither the best nor the newest.... :lol:

I managed to pick the boxset up for under 20 quid a couple of years ago and in excellent condition. It makes me wonder if the new CD set is that much of a bargain? Although I'm still very tempted at £12.99 from Amazon.

It might have been better if Virgin had released a package similar to 70-80 in CD format.... :wink:
Play the 70-80 box frequently. Excellent quality. Likewise got mine for under 20 squid two years ago. Mint condition. Had to buy the book separately as it was missing. Cost the same as the vinyl :?
hansx

Post by hansx »

I didn't buy it either. As I have everything, only the few extra tracks were interesting and maybe the sleeves. And as we have so much news coming, have to be a bit carefull. So, got a copy via via.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

No Encore, no deal :|
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:No Encore, no deal :|
Yep, it's a bit of an omission. I can only think that they wanted to keep the collection to just 3 CDs.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda