TANGERINE DREAM: VIRGIN YEARS 1974-1978 (3CD Set)

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:When I first scanned through it I thought oh wont be getting this but actually looking at it in more depth it looks a nice set maybe like that Dream Sequence album which was good
interesting to see the 'infamous' banned adverts turning up. Well I'm guessing it's the radio adverts Virgin did anyway.
Don't know anything about banned TD adverts. What's the story?

....can't imagine they were banned for the music's lyrical content. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:First post here omitted what CDS also wrote:
CD Services wrote:It's not going to make any difference to the collectors and completists among you, but if we are to be honest, we're a bit uncomfortable about going out on this one, but it's coming early in January 2011 and we have to offer it to you because if we don't, someone else surely will! So we're offering it out at the best price possible and we'll leave you to make your buy or not to buy decision...
And of course there is no problem to agree on that.
Ahhh that makes sense. I wondering about how some of it was remixed in 2011!!! Shame they didn't see fit to remix it all. :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:When I first scanned through it I thought oh wont be getting this but actually looking at it in more depth it looks a nice set maybe like that Dream Sequence album which was good
interesting to see the 'infamous' banned adverts turning up. Well I'm guessing it's the radio adverts Virgin did anyway.

Advert for the LP Rubycon, C-e-nsored by the Independent Broadcasting Authority featured the sound of a Car crashing, followed by the voice of an announcer saying 'Don't ask a man to Dream and drive'

Planned Advert (unknown album, perhaps it was Phaedra?) was to have the sound of a synthesiser drone, with an announcer urging the audience to 'Sing along with Tangerine Dream'

Apparently Richard Branson thought the British public wasn't ready for it
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: interesting to see the 'infamous' banned adverts turning up. Well I'm guessing it's the radio adverts Virgin did anyway.

Advert for the LP Rubycon, C-e-nsored by the Independent Broadcasting Authority featured the sound of a Car crashing, followed by the voice of an announcer saying 'Don't ask a man to Dream and drive'

Planned Advert (unknown album, perhaps it was Phaedra?) was to have the sound of a synthesiser drone, with an announcer urging the audience to 'Sing along with Tangerine Dream'

Apparently Richard Branson thought the British public wasn't ready for it
Thanks Andy. It all sounds a bit tame really.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:First post here omitted what CDS also wrote:
CD Services wrote:It's not going to make any difference to the collectors and completists among you, but if we are to be honest, we're a bit uncomfortable about going out on this one, but it's coming early in January 2011 and we have to offer it to you because if we don't, someone else surely will! So we're offering it out at the best price possible and we'll leave you to make your buy or not to buy decision...
And of course there is no problem to agree on that.
Ahhh that makes sense. I wondering about how some of it was remixed in 2011!!! Shame they didn't see fit to remix it all. :(
Why are CDS cautious about it? it's a CD, if it doesn't get released or it gets delayed it'll hardly be the first one they've had
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

24db wrote:Why are CDS cautious about it?
I wonder if they concern it is another re-re-re-release?

But there are new things here I think? :)

I will put this on my very long list of things to buy when I can. :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

The possibly most interesting picese are:

Rubycon - Part Two [excerpt - 2011 - remaster]
Madrigal Meridian [excerpt - 2011 - remaster]

Wonder which bit of each track is used and why remaster just an excerpt ?
Unless there are excerpts I've forgotten about (quite possible) that are already in existence on another compilation.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Patchlead wrote:
That's what I thought too. That they are as annoyed by all these re-releases (and making problems for completists) as many others.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I wonder if they'll credit Johannes Schmoelling instead of Peter Baumann .... just to redress the balance.
ant

Post by ant »

:) As much as I love everything TD I think I have to draw a line at just buying everything that is released just for the sake of it. As I have all the TD albums on CD I don't think I will bother with this one even if it has a couple of little things that are previously unreleased!! Unless of course I find a copy in the Pound Shop. :)
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

be strong everyone, this is just a clever marketing ploy to side track us from the genuine vigil for undercover volume1, atomic V and Lisbon DVD....BE STRONG

:twisted:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Patchlead wrote:

But there are new things here I think? :)

I will put this on my very long list of things to buy when I can. :D
Personally I'm more interested in this and plenty of albums I could mention...but then again I like TD advertising
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

An interesting CD set methinks. Wonder why Virgin are so interested just now, though???? :wink: :arrow:
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

24db wrote:Personally I'm more interested in this and plenty of albums I could mention...but then again I like TD advertising
Yes it is a difficult thing to resist to see such greatness listed all in one place. 8)

Even if it is allready owned in the collection.

Perhaps they sound a small bit different?

It will be fun finding out! :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

bigmoog wrote:be strong everyone, this is just a clever marketing ploy to side track us from the genuine vigil for undercover volume1, atomic V and Lisbon DVD....BE STRONG

:twisted:
At the rate eastgate is going we might see the release of this 3 cd set before the Lisbon dvd and undercover cd. Sorry BM. Just had to say it. :roll:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!