Astrophel and Stella question

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Astrophel and Stella question

Post by Erik »

may be a bit pointless, but this is really getting me curious. the version of this song that i have is a lyrical version, and it's length is 9:45 (plays all the way through that duration, no gaps.) i cannot for the life of me figure out where this is actually from. it starts with the harmonica and it has unusually clear sound (more clear than the album imo). the album version is like two minutes less, and it actually sounds muddier or muffled in comparison. the one i have almost needs some treble reduction. i can't even tell if it's live or not

seriously, have a look.
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_astrop ... stella.htm

anyone have a clue?

edit: oh and to add to it's unusual nature, this sound quality (amazing clarity, open sounding vocals) carries on through the rest of the version of the album i have, yet the tracks actually have the correct length, unlike Astrophel
Last edited by Erik on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
exit81

Post by exit81 »

off the top of my head, is this from the promo cd that was doing the rounds when the album was released a few years back?
Erik

Post by Erik »

the duration is rather close, but i'm pretty sure it was an instrumental version on the promo.

unless someone can prove me wrong. or maybe you weren't referring to what i was thinking of. i could just send the mp3 to someone if they want to hear it for themselves
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Erik

Post by Erik »

lol. this is still bugging me
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Erik wrote:lol. this is still bugging me
Just throwing this out there (and I could be wrong), but the album was released on the Voiceprint label as well as the Eastgate label - and apparently the mixing was noticeably different between the two...

Can anybody back me up on this? (as I only have the Eastgate version)
Erik

Post by Erik »

that's a reasonable theory
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Beaubourg wrote: Just throwing this out there (and I could be wrong), but the album was released on the Voiceprint label as well as the Eastgate label - and apparently the mixing was noticeably different between the two...

I have the Voiceprint CD (green jewelcase). The mixing was inded slightly different but not the runtime of Astrophel & Stella: it runs 7'22.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Cyclone wrote:
Beaubourg wrote: Just throwing this out there (and I could be wrong), but the album was released on the Voiceprint label as well as the Eastgate label - and apparently the mixing was noticeably different between the two...

I have the Voiceprint CD (green jewelcase). The mixing was inded slightly different but not the runtime of Astrophel & Stella: it runs 7'22.
I've got both versions and to my ears the E@stgate version is a better mix. The playing times are pretty much the same though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I've got both versions and to my ears the E@stgate version is a better mix.[/quote]

I agree..
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:I've got both versions and to my ears the E@stgate version is a better mix.
I agree..[/quote]

Much better version IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
goozer

Post by goozer »

There were two different promotional items for MFD - the aforementioned Voiceprint interview CD and a advance promo from TDI that contains the track you are talking about.

goozer
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Erik

Post by Erik »

oh awesome, thank you
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

goozer wrote:There were two different promotional items for MFD - the aforementioned Voiceprint interview CD and a advance promo from TDI that contains the track you are talking about.

goozer
I have never heard about a different MFD promo.
Have you really seen this 'advance promo'?
Erik

Post by Erik »

it's the best answer so far, but i'd also like to know more about this
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Erik wrote:it's the best answer so far, but i'd also like to know more about this
So to back up a bit... what source material do you have that's got you asking this question? Is it a CDR of said release that you're trying to ID?