GREEN DESERT

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

GREEN DESERT

Post by tdream4ever »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . . . . .

I was driving on the 405 yesterday on the way home from LAX in the rain listening to Green Desert. Classic. But is it worth a remake? Green Desert 2011? Not another remake, rework! But is it worth it? Is it do-able. Only the King could make it work. How would it sound?

Any thoughts? Would you out there in dreamworld be interested in another remake? It might be interesting>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:mrgreen:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Erik

Post by Erik »

green desert is about as epic as TD gets. the title track is always captivating. i love it at around the 5 minute mark when the guitar swoops in real low for the first time, you just KNOW this track means business. it's about as serious as a track can sound. and with all those fluttery electronic patterns in the background, it's pure tangerine magic. it's the successor to the title track of Hyperborea.

and i gotta say, Astral Voyager could very well be the perfect Tangerine Dream track. maybe i'm biased, it was one of the first five or so TD tracks i heard, but it's brilliantly put together. i can't help but picture a car cruising down a long Australian highway, with all the different tones of green, orange and tan landscape sweeping past the window. the whole album is like the soundtrack to someone embarking on some grand adventure. Indian Summer even sounds like a good ending to one. has a cathartic feel to it.

looking through my collection, i think i just noticed something....have they EVER played one of those 4 tracks live? all i got is indian summer that got played on Melbourne radio once. it's almost shocking. they need to resurrect this album and play it at a show. Green Desert 2011? i can totally see, and i think it would be amazing.
Last edited by Erik on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I am half-hearted about Green Desert..
Firstly, I would like to hear the real original recordings, especially the three tracks on side 2... Edgar obviously reworked those tracks quite heavily...
The title track seems more untouched, well most of it, but the beginning of the track is too slow to start...
I prefer the second side, definitely
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Marc M wrote:I am half-hearted about Green Desert..
Firstly, I would like to hear the real original recordings, especially the three tracks on side 2... Edgar obviously reworked those tracks quite heavily...
The title track seems more untouched, well most of it, but the beginning of the track is too slow to start...
How about a special 3 disc edition of Green Desert....

CD1 - The original tapes from 1973
CD2 - The remastered 1984 version
CD3 - Green Desert 2011 (reworked)

Could be interesting..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Schulze wrote:

That would be fantastic!
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Well, why not. Green Desert is a very nice cd with some very good moments. I don't play it very often, but I like it when I am hearing it.
Erik

Post by Erik »

that 3 CD idea would be my favourite release if it were to happen
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Schulze wrote:

Original mixes tapes from 1973 would be killer!

Only changes I'd make would be; Green Desert 2011 not in the box but sold separately and instead of the remastered 1984 version the original Relativity CD transfer which I find is still the non-vinyl standard. No other version sounds as good and I have them all I think. In my collection are the 1986 Jive, 1996 Remaster, 2000 remaster, 2009 remaster. The original Jive is very good but the others just don't compare to the excellent original Relativity {with the best artwork too} which nails the tone of the vinyl perfectly, IMHO. Newer does not always mean better, this is one of those cases.