phaedra 1985 virgin release

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

phaedra 1985 virgin release

Post by Erik »

how would one rank the sound quality of each subsequent re-release of phaedra?

and specifically, how would one rank the 1985 releease? (CD)
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Flashpoint

Re: phaedra 1985 virgin release

Post by Flashpoint »

it's one of those albums where each subsequent release get's worse. On CD the 1985 Virgin is my favorite. The 1990's Definitive Edition SBM is cold and dull. If you have ability to play vinyl its a little better than the 1985 Virgin CD
Erik

Post by Erik »

ah. thank you
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The remaster of Phaedra is very poor IMO..never heard the first CD press but Phaedra just has to be heard on vinyl to hear it how it should be, The remaster sounds dull and lifeless .
Erik

Post by Erik »

i figured
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Bought the first issue of this from e bay. Hopefully it'll sound better than the remaster.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

sparrow wrote:Bought the first issue of this from e bay. Hopefully it'll sound better than the remaster.

It will depend on type of sound your prefer.

- The remaster is louder and a bit 'cleaner', but it I feel it is too cold and sterile.
- The original is "warmer", more natural and engaging but like many things in the real world there is a bit of grit or gain if you will.

Like most of the TD remasters I got in the 1990's-2006, including the SBM's, I was surprised how they all were cold, dull and not involving . I figured at the time they were "remastered" so they must be better, even though my ears told me differently. Since then I've learned not to believe cliched marketing terms. Live and learn! Glad I kept nearly all my originals.