Alien voices from Wavelength

Schmoelling in wonderland
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Alien voices from Wavelength

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Hi !
I was in a yoga course today and they play relaxation music. Then, i heard a familiar sound..... It was the Alien voices sound from the Wavelength album !! I open my eyes and tell to myself "Oh yes !! yoga with TD !!" Of course, it was not the Wavelength album.... It was a relaxation track with a very similar sound like the Alien voices that we know. After the course, i look at the CD and it was a artist called KAMAL.

Later, after a search on Youtube, i can tell that it was not at all the same sound that used TD (but very similar when you are far way of the speaker !!) :D

My question... Do you know if the Alien Voices was a custom sound from a old 80's synth (or a sound from a library) ?

Thanks.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Oh wow, I bet that was an unexpected and totally delightful moment to recognise (what you thought at the time was) TD during a yoga session!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I think your suspicion may be right - different artists hitting on the same synth sounds by coincidence.

Wasn't there the case of that "Shhk-shhukity--ahh!" voice sample used by both Yello and TD in the 1980s (the latter including it in "Song of the Whale Part Two" from the Underwater Sunlight album).
goozer

Post by goozer »

It's nothing more than a sample of whale song - I no longer remember which 'Nature Album' it was taken from.
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Erik

Post by Erik »

i am very unfamiliar with most of their soundtracks. worth hearing?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
har

Post by har »

Erik wrote:i am very unfamiliar with most of their soundtracks. worth hearing?
Very good album Wavelength, some great tunes and beautiful music. Got mine on vinyl and immediately bought the film to check it out !

Interesting film :? :wink: I liked it though.

And............................those alien voices are bloody realistic btw !
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Yes I think so. Material is decent, nothing memorable but still a nice spin. The CD and Vinyl are both hard to find and a little expensive. Too bad as it probably prohibits most from getting to hear it.
Erik

Post by Erik »

i will try to find a way!

i also am curious about the movie itself
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
redziller

Post by redziller »

Erik wrote:i also am curious about the movie itself
I found it a pretty dull affair to be honest - certainly hasn't aged very well!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Jon

Post by Jon »

rigel wrote:Wasn't there the case of that "Shhk-shhukity--ahh!" voice sample used by both Yello and TD in the 1980s (the latter including it in "Song of the Whale Part Two" from the Underwater Sunlight album).
That's a Chris Franke sound sample. He also used it on one of his solo projects in the early 90s.
goozer

Post by goozer »

Jon wrote:
rigel wrote:Wasn't there the case of that "Shhk-shhukity--ahh!" voice sample used by both Yello and TD in the 1980s (the latter including it in "Song of the Whale Part Two" from the Underwater Sunlight album).
That's a Chris Franke sound sample. He also used it on one of his solo projects in the early 90s.
Incorrect. It's actually a sample of Richard Burton reading Shakespeare that was tweezed and first used notably by Yello...it was used by a number of different artists who re-tweezed the sample in different ways.

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:
Jon wrote:
Incorrect. It's actually a sample of Richard Burton reading Shakespeare that was tweezed and first used notably by Yello...it was used by a number of different artists who re-tweezed the sample in different ways.

goozer 8)
Cool. I'll listen with a little more interest next time. What was Richard Burton actually saying?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
goozer

Post by goozer »

Chris Monk wrote:
goozer wrote:
Jon wrote: That's a Chris Franke sound sample. He also used it on one of his solo projects in the early 90s.

goozer 8)
Cool. I'll listen with a little more interest next time. What was Richard Burton actually saying?
Dunno - I've never been able to glean that bit of info. IIRC, it's from a Synclavier.

goozer 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
goozer wrote: Incorrect. It's actually a sample of Richard Burton reading Shakespeare that was tweezed and first used notably by Yello...it was used by a number of different artists who re-tweezed the sample in different ways.

goozer 8)
Dunno - I've never been able to glean that bit of info. IIRC, it's from a Synclavier.

goozer 8)
Thanks Goozer.

...is their a Shakespeare play that includes "Shhk-shhukity--ahh!"? :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
goozer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Cool. I'll listen with a little more interest next time. What was Richard Burton actually saying?

goozer 8)
Thanks Goozer.

...is their a Shakespeare play that includes "Shhk-shhukity--ahh!"? :wink:
Not sure about Bill, but the Simpson's Duff Man theme music features the sample at the end :lol: :lol:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Hi,
Yes, definitely. One of my favorite TD soundtracks. There are many familiar themes from previous TD albums. My favorite track is Sunset Drive, which is based upon Remote Viewing from Exit.