Descent Into Madness

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

If yiv just read through this thread and are needing cheered up a wee bit :wink:

Check this one out............
http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... light=wash

A true "descent into madness"

:mrgreen:

8)
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Drama aside, I'd like to point out that "Logos B" or whatever isn't an official title; we only have "Logos" in reference to the entire suite. Most of the subtitles are fanmade for the purpose of referencing, including eg. the "Black", "Green", "Yellow" etc. used at Voices in the Net. I rather like the ring of "Descent into Madness", but I have to admit "Black Part" is rather more neutral… and the Logotypes approach fails to cover the entire suite.

(Also, "Descend into Madness" is actually the section beginning Logos Part 2. The bit that comes after Mojave Plan is called "Harbor Entry" on Logotypes. The bit that's titled "Logos B" on Dream Sequence, aka "Blue Part", is "Release" on Logotypes.)

Making up titles for bootlegs with unreleased material is a standard practice, anyway. With the Tree project some of these have even ended up officialized — "Thermal Inversion", "Octagon II", "Coloured Rain"… and yes, "Mirage" and "Dreamscape", per Logotypes! That kind of a thing is taking some liberties for sure, but so is making a bootleg in the first place. So no, nothing particularly obnoxious here IMO.

By the way — T4N6D here isn't trolling; he's just being irate. There's difference… ¬¬
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Tropylium wrote:Drama aside, I'd like to point out that "Logos B" or whatever isn't an official title; we only have "Logos" in reference to the entire suite. Most of the subtitles are fanmade for the purpose of referencing, including eg. the "Black", "Green", "Yellow" etc. used at Voices in the Net. I rather like the ring of "Descent into Madness", but I have to admit "Black Part" is rather more neutral… and the Logotypes approach fails to cover the entire suite.

(Also, "Descend into Madness" is actually the section beginning Logos Part 2. The bit that comes after Mojave Plan is called "Harbor Entry" on Logotypes. The bit that's titled "Logos B" on Dream Sequence, aka "Blue Part", is "Release" on Logotypes.)

Making up titles for bootlegs with unreleased material is a standard practice, anyway. With the Tree project some of these have even ended up officialized — "Thermal Inversion", "Octagon II", "Coloured Rain"… and yes, "Mirage" and "Dreamscape", per Logotypes! That kind of a thing is taking some liberties for sure, but so is making a bootleg in the first place. So no, nothing particularly obnoxious here IMO.

By the way — T4N6D here isn't trolling; he's just being irate. There's difference… ¬¬
All very good points, well made.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Yeah, not derogatory or inflammatory at all

I guess I need to clarify. Derogatory, as in deliberately vulgar or obscene. Stating an opinion is neither, and it's certainly not "trolling". It's making an observation.

Trolls also thrive on the constant and immediate back and forth. It's been- what- a week since I've even been on the site (much less the forum)?
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

TheXFactor wrote:Someone writing poetic "Odes" to Tangerine Dream with phrasing like "From out of the ancient mist, there came a sound that was forevermore to be known..."
Erik wrote: LOL

this thread is a barrel of fun

I'd LOL too if someone actually wrote something like that. :roll:
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Tropylium wrote:Drama aside, I'd like to point out that "Logos B" or whatever isn't an official title; we only have "Logos" in reference to the entire suite. Most of the subtitles are fanmade for the purpose of referencing, including eg. the "Black", "Green", "Yellow" etc. used at Voices in the Net. I rather like the ring of "Descent into Madness", but I have to admit "Black Part" is rather more neutral… and the Logotypes approach fails to cover the entire suite.

To a point I'd agree with you, but there's still a huge difference between making up titles for unreleased material and flat out stating you feel you've come up with a title that "better suits" the music than the artist(s) who composed said music. And yes, technically it's called Logos. End of story as far as that goes.

Who said that T4N6D was trolling BTW?