Descent Into Madness

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TheXFactor »

Chris Monk wrote:I couldn't imagine a more aptly named thread.

Really? You're sitting reading this particular thread and thinking "My God, this is madness!!"? Seriously??

Wow. I see synth music fans are still as thin skinned as ever...
TheXFactor

Re: Ascent into Sanity

Post by TheXFactor »

redziller wrote:these are the threads we miss - hooo yeah :mrgreen:
Chris Monk wrote:I couldn't imagine a more aptly named thread. :wink:
redziller wrote:Well I trust you weren't considering naming it something else :wink:
Chris Monk wrote:Would I ever? :wink:

You do realize that conversations like this- two men behind their keyboard making snickering little comments back and forth and winking at each other- is why comedians rip on internet based fans in the first place, right?
redziller

Post by redziller »

Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I couldn't imagine a more aptly named thread. :wink:
Well I trust you weren't considering naming it something else :wink:
Would I ever? :wink:
Don't you dare wink at me again Chris - we may be mocked. I for one don't wish to be responsible for the internet's disreputability. :evil:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote: Well I trust you weren't considering naming it something else :wink:
Don't you dare wink at me again Chris - we may be mocked. I for one don't wish to be responsible for the internet's disreputability. :evil:
Welcome to "Mock the Weak". :wink:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote: Well I trust you weren't considering naming it something else :wink:
….not to mention that I’ll be in deep trouble if my wife finds out I’ve been winking at blokes.

Must admit I do feel a deep shame for this massive slur I’ve brought to the impeccable reputation of the Internet.

Is there an emoticon for un-winking?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Would I ever? :wink:
….not to mention that I’ll be in deep trouble if my wife finds out I’ve been winking at blokes.

Must admit I do feel a deep shame for this massive slur I’ve brought to the impeccable reputation of the Internet.

Yes, use the stare!!!!!! :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

GlynRichards wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
redziller wrote: Don't you dare wink at me again Chris - we may be mocked. I for one don't wish to be responsible for the internet's disreputability. :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...sorted.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Chris Monk wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: ….not to mention that I’ll be in deep trouble if my wife finds out I’ve been winking at blokes.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...sorted.
Shoot! You made me jump! :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TheXFactor wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:This could also be asked about your own question, you know.....

Well, as far as that goes I'm not too concerned about what someone else might think.

But how can saying that only a band should title their own music (unless they specifically request it otherwise) be a bad thing?
It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it.....

Obnoxious / megalomaniac / this Goozer person

The terminology used is hardly an attempt at a reasonable question, more likely to get people's hackles up....
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Edgar doesn't seem to mind renaming tracks with minimal alterations or changing the credits for compositions when the fancy takes him so I can't see him losing much sleep over this...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it.....

Obnoxious / megalomaniac / this Goozer person

The terminology used is hardly an attempt at a reasonable question, more likely to get people's hackles up....

Believe me, if all I wanted to do was to get people's hackles up there's very easy ways to do that on this board. Harsh as it may sound, I stand by what I said. Renaming someone else's art- whatever form that art may take- because you feel it "describes the piece better" (than what the artist named it) is obnoxious and egocentric. Borderline fanboyish too- spending maybe a little too much time involved with something. What's next? Someone writing poetic "Odes" to Tangerine Dream with phrasing like "From out of the ancient mist, there came a sound that was forevermore to be known..." (you get the idea- fanboyish).

I also had no idea for sure what a "Goozer" was until I read the response from "Goozer".
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Six By Nine wrote:Edgar doesn't seem to mind renaming tracks with minimal alterations or changing the credits for compositions when the fancy takes him so I can't see him losing much sleep over this...

That's a whole separate conversation (rerecording, rewriting history by changing the composition credits and in effect removing the other musicians involved), but at least Edgar is changing something that he himself worked on. He's not taking a live Klaus Schulze recording and giving certain passages different titles because he feels it "suits them better".
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

A troll usually posts false, inflammatory, and often derogatory comments in order to get a heated posting debate going. I did nothing of the kind
obnoxious and egocentric
fanboyish
megalomaniac
this Goozer person
You do realize that conversations like this- two men behind their keyboard making snickering little comments back and forth and winking at each other- is why comedians rip on internet based fans in the first place, right?
Really? You're sitting reading this particular thread and thinking "My God, this is madness!!"? Seriously??
Yeah, not derogatory or inflammatory at all :wink:

:idea: Time to lock the troll away...or at least ignore it. :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote::idea: Time to lock the troll away...or at least ignore it. :lol:
Don't feed the trolls, as they say....

....damn that's good for another flame. :D
Erik

Post by Erik »

TheXFactor wrote:Someone writing poetic "Odes" to Tangerine Dream with phrasing like "From out of the ancient mist, there came a sound that was forevermore to be known..."
LOL

this thread is a barrel of fun
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "