Glowing Tangerine Dream Review in German "musikexpress&

multivit72
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Glowing Tangerine Dream Review in German "musikexpress&

Post by multivit72 »

For the most part, Tangerine Dream are ignored in Germany's mainstream music media, I can't remember ever reading a review there.
But now this: musikexrpress 3/2011 dedicated a full page to a review of The Virgin years 1974-1978. The compilation is rewarded 6 stars - the highest rating.
One might debate if "Rubycon" really is TD's defining statement, as claimed in the article, but that's down to personal taste of course.
In any case, it's good to see the band get some recognition - maybe they will even review a new TF release at some point in time?
Chris Monk

Re: Glowing Tangerine Dream Review in German "musikexpr

Post by Chris Monk »

multivit72 wrote:For the most part, Tangerine Dream are ignored in Germany's mainstream music media, I can't remember ever reading a review there.
But now this: musikexrpress 3/2011 dedicated a full page to a review of The Virgin years 1974-1978. The compilation is rewarded 6 stars - the highest rating.
One might debate if "Rubycon" really is TD's defining statement, as claimed in the article, but that's down to personal taste of course.
In any case, it's good to see the band get some recognition - maybe they will even review a new TF release at some point in time?
That's really nice and long overdue.

As for Rubycon being TD's defining moment, it's not my favourite but there is something very special about it. It's totally unique, I've not heard anything that comes close.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Thats good to hear.

The dreams defining moment could generate some debate :wink:

For me its Phaedra backed up by Force Majeure......................Rubycon however is a masterpiece.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Rubycon all the way for me, its simply perfect
Hipgnosis

Re: Glowing Tangerine Dream Review in German "musikexpr

Post by Hipgnosis »

multivit72 wrote:For the most part, Tangerine Dream are ignored in Germany's mainstream music media, I can't remember ever reading a review there.
And more will come soon ...

In the end, I think that no one can deny the amount of work that has been left behind that makes a lot of pop music, that most of these periodicals tend to support so they can milk the public's money ... giving a TD a high rating, or a Klaus Schulze, would now be an "honorary" degree of sorts and a show of appreciation ... after 40 years ... still at it ... and sounding beautiful ... and only washing machines and winners can't hear it!