1980s DVD?

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

1980s DVD?

Post by Jon »

I guess there is a great interest among TD fans to get a concert from the 70s, 80s or 90s on DVD. We have lots of stuff to see from the new millennium, but very little from earlier times.

Personally, I would love to get one of the 1986 shows to DVD. What are the chances? Did any of these shows get recorded?

1990 and 1988 concerts would be terrific too. Did anyone film this?

Come on Edgar, give us some old shows. :D
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

We have the Live in America 1992 DVD. But I don't think it is very good.
Erik

Post by Erik »

an excellent suggestion. something i had never thought of, perhaps they do have hours of old footage hidden away.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Personally I'd prefer something from the early 80s or late 70s but I'd settle for something from 1986. There's stuff about, some of it on the TD homepage at one point, I live in hope that at some point it'l make it on to DVD.

It'd be nice just having a DVD of TD clips throughout their career.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:We have the Live in America 1992 DVD. But I don't think it is very good.
Yes, I have the Three Phase VHS, which is the same (?) as Live In America 92. An OK tour, but not as interesting as the ones I mentioned. Would love to see Haslinger, Franke or even Wadephul on stage.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Insvims wrote:We have the Live in America 1992 DVD. But I don't think it is very good.
Yes, I have the Three Phase VHS, which is the same (?) as Live In America 92. An OK tour, but not as interesting as the ones I mentioned.
Yes, Live in America is the same footage as Three Phase. Some have complained that it's not a very good DVD transfer but it is OK for me.

Jon wrote:Would love to see Haslinger, Franke or even Wadephul on stage.
There was a clip of Froese/Haslinger/Wadephul on the TD webpage some time back so some footage is available in a fairly limited form.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:
Yes, I have the Three Phase VHS, which is the same (?) as Live In America 92. An OK tour, but not as interesting as the ones I mentioned.
Yes, Live in America is the same footage as Three Phase. Some have complained that it's not a very good DVD transfer but it is OK for me.

There was a clip of Froese/Haslinger/Wadephul on the TD webpage some time back so some footage is available in a fairly limited form.
Yes, it was the Sun Gate clip.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote: Yes, I have the Three Phase VHS, which is the same (?) as Live In America 92. An OK tour, but not as interesting as the ones I mentioned.

That's the one. Looked professionally shot to me so I'm guessing they filmed more than just the one song. Wouldn't mind seeing the full thing on DVD.

....but I'd most like to see the footage of the East Berlin concert in 1980.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

1987 or 1988 would be cool 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Poland gig would be good
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
goozer

Post by goozer »

Professionally shot gigs include:

Coventry '75
Unknown U.S. venue '77 (judging from the Three Phase video)
E. Berlin '80
W. Berlin '81 (Friedenskonzert)
Munich '81 (Klassic Rock Nacht)
Athens '83
Warsaw '83
Dallas '88 (Every show is filmed at Starplex for the projection screens facing the lawn)
Berlin '90

Just off the top of my head. I would dearly love to have these on shiny discs in brightly colored packages, instead of the nth-gen tapes and YouTube vids!

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

....yes anyone of those of those would be great.

....or maybe all of them. :wink:
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Therefore, Dallas '88 need to be released on DVD as soon as possible 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Unknown U.S. venue '77 needs an urgent release on DVD :D
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yes, Live in America is the same footage as Three Phase. Some have complained that it's not a very good DVD transfer but it is OK for me.

That's the one. Looked professionally shot to me so I'm guessing they filmed more than just the one song. Wouldn't mind seeing the full thing on DVD.

....but I'd most like to see the footage of the East Berlin concert in 1980.
I thought the Sun Gate clip was just filmed in a TV studio? Or am I wrong?