Colorado Dawn

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Colorado Dawn

Post by Jon »

I have always loved this tune, composed by a 20-year old Jerome in 1991 for the CD version of Canyon Dreams. Already at that age he showed off his melodic gift. Opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZbkbm6_sMs
Erik

Post by Erik »

if in the right mood or context, it's beauty emerges. as does the rest of that album. i love Jerome's contributions to the band
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Have listened a couple of times to the track right now. And yes, it is a nice track. I like the Canyon Dreams album a lot.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

It's pleasant, but nothing exceptional, and I don't like the frantic drum parts here and there, that have got nothing to do with the rest of the track, in my opinion.
Canyon Dreams is one of those soundtrack albums that is quite cold and suffer a lack of strong melody or good / interesting synth sounds to me, I must confess.
Tyger and Underwater Sunlight are clearly superior to me, just to compare with other albums of the same era.

How do we know that the track was composed by Jerome Froese ? They all signed collectively if I remember well...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Colorado Dawn is a fairly decent track, not one of Jerome's best (if it is his) but very nice all the same. A bit of a fore-taste of what was to come. It has a certain feeling of a piece of music that was in development and you can hear certain ideas and elements that were to appear in latter, more popular, pieces.

It is interesting to note that Edgar also released a track called Colorado Dawn on the Ambient Highways series (Volume 4). It's an entirely different piece of music, much more ambient and laid back. Shows how the same thing can inspire people differently.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

It's indeed a Jerome track:
http://voices-in-the-net.de/_colorado_dawn_jf.htm

I think it's by far the best track on Canyon Dreams. But remember, this was not written for the video in 1987, it was written 4 years later for the CD version.

I didn't know Edgar had a track by the same name.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I can't confirm this but I seem to remember that the Canyon Dreams CD cover says that the track was composed by Jerome. My copy of the CD is up under the roof somewhere.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:I can't confirm this but I seem to remember that the Canyon Dreams CD cover says that the track was composed by Jerome. My copy of the CD is up under the roof somewhere.
I just confirmed it... :o
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I can't confirm this but I seem to remember that the Canyon Dreams CD cover says that the track was composed by Jerome. My copy of the CD is up under the roof somewhere.
I just confirmed it... :o
Thanks.

Thought so.

Nice that my memory hasn't completely gone.