TD tracks covered by other artists / composers

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Erik »

after already having a strong grip on TD's main albums, i decided to check out cyclone at that point. i instantly loved it partway through track 1, and i didn't understand the hate
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

Chris Monk wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:Actualy, I like every track on Cyclone, think it was the second TD album I ever bought,
which nearly put me off getting anymore TD but it grew on me after a while (like a kind of good bacteria) glad now I stuck with them.
Similar story for me. I definitely had a WTF moment when I first heard it but it slowly grew on me. Mind you I had a similar experience with thee mighty Rubycon. :oops:
I guess the "steady" TD identity was still yet to take shape, but once Schmoelling the catchy melody man arrived on the scene.....all was right with the world :P
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

Erik wrote:after already having a strong grip on TD's main albums, i decided to check out cyclone at that point. i instantly loved it partway through track 1, and i didn't understand the hate
I only got the "cringe factor" from the vocal style as I recall, I only owned Exit & Force Majeure at the time, then
I bought Cyclone assuming it was an instrumental, but I was all happy again when I heard Madrigal Meridian 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Erik wrote:after already having a strong grip on TD's main albums, i decided to check out cyclone at that point. i instantly loved it partway through track 1, and i didn't understand the hate
Hate has always been too strong a word for my original reaction to Cyclone. Shock would be more accurate. Fortunately I didn't give up on it. I now view it as one of a long list of classic TD albums.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

Anyway, how did the word "hate" come into this??
That emotion was only given to us as a way of
expressing how we feel about a Rick Astley song!
Erik

Post by Erik »

you're right about the word hate, shock is much more appropriate.

was the painting on the front cover already made, or did Edgar make it for the album?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

Erik wrote:you're right about the word hate, shock is much more appropriate.

was the painting on the front cover already made, or did Edgar make it for the album?
You've got me on that one Erik! all his covers seemed to have a tenuous association to the actual album titles back then. :roll:
aaronmcphee

Re: TD tracks covered by other artists / composers

Post by aaronmcphee »

goozer wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:Hey Y'all.

Iv'e been away for some time it would seem, I'm hitting myself in a telling off fashion even now.

I would like to pick the brains of TD's finest bunch of supporters on the subject of covers & remakes.

Some of you are familiar with my TD renditions & covers (& THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT GAVE ME SUCH GOOD FEEDBACK) there are more than a few other artists / fans etc, writing some excellent versions of TD tracks, with sometimes quite limited equipment & set-ups, & aside from a few instances of commercial artists finding their way onto some new age compilation disks, & TD re-working thier own material, I'm not aware of any TD compilations done entirely by other artitists.

Not being as dedicated a follower as some of you, there may be something like this out there that I'm not aware of, so I would very much like to hear back from anyone who knows of any such albums / compilatons.

More so, I would love to hear from anyone who has done decent covers of TD tracks.

Thanks one & all.
1) I LOVE your renditions/covers!

2) I have done one cover - a mash-up of LoaRT with Crockett's Theme (can be found here - http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger ) I am currently working on another - a mash-up of elements from several 80s TD tracks. I don't know when it'll be done, however. :?

goozer 8)
Hey Goozer, hows the new mash-up coming along?
Cant wait to hear it!!
goozer

Post by goozer »

aaronmcphee wrote:
goozer wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:Hey Y'all.

Iv'e been away for some time it would seem, I'm hitting myself in a telling off fashion even now.

I would like to pick the brains of TD's finest bunch of supporters on the subject of covers & remakes.

Some of you are familiar with my TD renditions & covers (& THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT GAVE ME SUCH GOOD FEEDBACK) there are more than a few other artists / fans etc, writing some excellent versions of TD tracks, with sometimes quite limited equipment & set-ups, & aside from a few instances of commercial artists finding their way onto some new age compilation disks, & TD re-working thier own material, I'm not aware of any TD compilations done entirely by other artitists.

Not being as dedicated a follower as some of you, there may be something like this out there that I'm not aware of, so I would very much like to hear back from anyone who knows of any such albums / compilatons.

More so, I would love to hear from anyone who has done decent covers of TD tracks.

Thanks one & all.
1) I LOVE your renditions/covers!

2) I have done one cover - a mash-up of LoaRT with Crockett's Theme (can be found here - http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger ) I am currently working on another - a mash-up of elements from several 80s TD tracks. I don't know when it'll be done, however. :?

goozer 8)
Cant wait to hear it!!
I haven't done anything on it since I posted, I'm afraid to say. One part 'writers block' and 748 parts 'work-related interference' - which after almost 3 years of unemployment is a rather welcome intrusion! :lol:

I guess I can post up a short fragment of a section on my site this weekend...maybe I'll even be inspired to get a little further on...

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

goozer wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:
goozer wrote: 1) I LOVE your renditions/covers!

goozer 8)
Cant wait to hear it!!
I haven't done anything on it since I posted, I'm afraid to say. One part 'writers block' and 748 parts 'work-related interference' - which after almost 3 years of unemployment is a rather welcome intrusion! :lol:

I guess I can post up a short fragment of a section on my site this weekend...maybe I'll even be inspired to get a little further on...

goozer 8)
Glad to hear things have happened for you on the job front!!
Well if it's any inspiration, here's at least one dude who's looking forward to hearing it.

Its trying to find that life/work balance, I always found it so much easier when I was in a band, you've got your mates to keep you in check, & the peer pressure makes it harder to just skip a session, thankfully now I kick my own ass & am getting stuck nicely into my album project. :D
goozer

Post by goozer »

aaronmcphee wrote:
goozer wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:Hey Goozer, hows the new mash-up coming along?
Cant wait to hear it!!

goozer 8)
Well if it's any inspiration, here's at least one dude who's looking forward to hearing it.

Its trying to find that life/work balance, I always found it so much easier when I was in a band, you've got your mates to keep you in check, & the peer pressure makes it harder to just skip a session, thankfully now I kick my own ass & am getting stuck nicely into my album project. :D
Boy...that was a really loooooooooooong weekend! ;-)

Nine months in the making...serious mental block! I started this after finishing my "Crockett on a Real Train" mix, and being further inspired by Aaron Mcphee's brilliant Tangerine Dream reworkings. I quickly ran into a wall after programming the 'trill' sequence — I couldn't find the 'hook' I needed to move it form merely aping the track I was remixing, and I further couldn't think of the other track that would compliment it. Fast forward 9 months...and the other track I needed suddenly popped into my head, but I still needed the 'hook'. I opened the project again, and while listening to a dubstep remix of "Love on a Real Train", I found my hook. The main tracks used in this mix are "Horizon" and "Parabola." Technically still a work in progress — any constructive feedback is welcome! Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger/trill-seeker

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

goozer wrote:
aaronmcphee wrote:
goozer wrote: I haven't done anything on it since I posted, I'm afraid to say. One part 'writers block' and 748 parts 'work-related interference' - which after almost 3 years of unemployment is a rather welcome intrusion! :lol:

goozer 8)

Boy...that was a really loooooooooooong weekend! ;-)

Nine months in the making...serious mental block! I started this after finishing my "Crockett on a Real Train" mix, and being further inspired by Aaron Mcphee's brilliant Tangerine Dream reworkings. I quickly ran into a wall after programming the 'trill' sequence — I couldn't find the 'hook' I needed to move it form merely aping the track I was remixing, and I further couldn't think of the other track that would compliment it. Fast forward 9 months...and the other track I needed suddenly popped into my head, but I still needed the 'hook'. I opened the project again, and while listening to a dubstep remix of "Love on a Real Train", I found my hook. The main tracks used in this mix are "Horizon" and "Parabola." Technically still a work in progress — any constructive feedback is welcome! Enjoy!

goozer 8)
Nice. Works well.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

goozer 8)[/quote]
Nice. Works well.[/quote]

Worth the wait if you ask me!!, the TD influences were subtly done but it still had enough TD-ness about it......Excellent piece!

Btw, ignore my YT reply about not being able to find your sound cloud profile, never occurred to me to check this forum.