April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

phaedra1974
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by phaedra1974 »

My Zeit Box Set arrived yesterday.

It´s really fantastic!!!

If I will have some wishes I would like to have such a box set from all TD´s albums :D :D :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The Zeit set is selling well so I decided to order the box last night...beans n' toast for the next few weeks. :twisted:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just listened to the zeit reiissue on blue vinyl...one word..Atrocious..there is distortion throughout and side 4 skips twice. Looks like I've bought a turkey.. :evil:

nice packaging but I hope I'm alone in having these issues.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

sparrow wrote:Just listened to the zeit reiissue on blue vinyl...one word..Atrocious..there is distortion throughout and side 4 skips twice. Looks like I've bought a turkey.. :evil:

you received yours quick then.
I ordered back in May and still nothing.
You ordered this week and received 2 days later !
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
sparrow wrote:Just listened to the zeit reiissue on blue vinyl...one word..Atrocious..there is distortion throughout and side 4 skips twice. Looks like I've bought a turkey.. :evil:

you received yours quick then.
I ordered back in May and still nothing.
You ordered this week and received 2 days later !
Yes I only orderd two days ago and got it this morning..

I feel a bit of an i-diot..the distortion was caused by a dusty sylus..I listened to the whole album again earlier and it is good..not great sound but acceptable but also there was no skips on side 4..

To think I pondered packing it up and posting it back......... :oops:
Last edited by sparrow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Still waiting for my copy of the Zeit-box..., maybe today :?:
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

The box is really beautiful designed with a great booklet and a lot of pictures and information. The sound quality of the LPs is okay although I think that the best sound have still my original Ohr LPs.

But this is a collectors item for fans and it looks really nice. Thanks for all people who were involved.

The only thing I am a little bit annoyed about is that the box was wrongly packed. So one edge of the box has a great break and the top and bottom of the LP covers are also damaged. There are breaks on all sides because the LPs have made them damaged...

Somebody else got this problem? Otherwise I think about if I should send the box back and got another.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just back from my hols and there was a large parcel waiting. Opened it up and it's the Zeit Box Set and it's gorgeous.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Several negative comments about the Zeit box over at emportal.info
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:Several negative comments about the Zeit box over at emportal.info
Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Thanks for the link, Jon. Very interesting to read this.

But I can´t understand all these negative comments because I see it as a collectors item. I am sure that all of the people who bought this set have the Zeit album with better sound quality. But as a real TD fan and collector I am very happy that this very nice looking box has being released with a great booklet, a lots of informations and the original insert!!!

Before buying the box, I had 3 different LP releases of Zeit and 4 CD releases. When I want to hear Zeit with better sound quality I will choose one of them. But as a really nice looking box it has a special place in my collection.

The only thing which I will critizise is the wrong communication with Esoteric Records. I ordered in April and never get any emails that the box will released three months later and I never get an answer to my emails.
The other thing is the very wrong packaging. I am a little bit annoyed that my box arrived with a lot of breaks at the corners of the box and on the LP cover, which would not happened if the box would have been better packed.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There's somewhere I'll probably never go again.

Kinda missing the point somewhat me thinks. Can't comment about the vinyl since my turntable hasn't been hooked up to my hi-fi in many a long year but the disks do look pretty stunning. I do remember the clear vinyl Force Majeure sounding pretty terrible though, didn't stop me wanting a copy.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Negative stuff on music forums as well. The heart of the matter appears to be Esoteric gives you great artwork, liner notes and overall packaging but the sounds is terribly lacking. From my own experience this is the way they do business. So if you want pretty packaging buy Esoteric, if you want good sound look elsewhere. For me sound trumps packaging every time, for others opposite by be their cup of tea. I will not be purchasing any more Esoteric, especially since most of the bonus material is available off the ol'tree in better sound quality.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Flashpoint wrote: Negative stuff on music forums as well. The heart of the matter appears to be Esoteric gives you great artwork, liner notes and overall packaging but the sounds is terribly lacking.
trying to find a good compromise in this situation is quite a challenge
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
There's somewhere I'll probably never go again.
Likewise.

Personally I am pleased with the sound quality on the CD version I bought, and very pleased to get Klangwald. Thought the essay by AK and the booklet was great.

Looking forward to Atem and Alpha Centauri which I will definitely be purchasing. :arrow: