April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

Flashpoint
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Flashpoint »

Chris Monk wrote:Finally got my copy of the Esoteric version of Zeit and am very pleased. Sound quality is great and the packaging top-notch. The essay by Andy King is brilliant (again) and fills in literally tons of information about the recording that I hadn't known before. The second live disc recorded in 1972 is equally as great and, for me, helps explain a lot of gaps in my understanding of what TD were like back in 72 as well as showing what they were hoping to achieve.
Agreed on all counts but the sound. Once again the original CD and Vinyl are close and the Esoteric pales in comparison. I will not purchase more of their releases then I already have. The sound is just not to my own personal liking - too Cold, Dull [NR is my guess], Lifeless, and Dynamics lacking[against artists original intent] for my tastes. Most don't care about those things but as a retro vinyl guy I do.

Getting the extra "unreleased" live CD still makes this one essential as it were.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Both play.com and amazon.co.uk have it for £11.89.
i think what's surprising is that it was actually in stock in HMV :lol:

The TD section in our Stoke-on-Trent/Hanley HMV consists of....

nada, zip, zilch, nowt, nothing :cry:

at least that was the case last week when i went in.
maybe by now they have all the recent Membran releases, plus these Esoteric ones....

yeh, right.
Yep. HMV are really missing a trick. Our local one had nowt and I don't just mean just TD. I walked in with a bundle of cash...
...and walked out with the same bundle of cash. They should have been offering all sorts of trinkets, like they used to back in the day.
You may find this interesting if you despair of HMV....

(apologies to those who don't know the original sketch, but I don't think it matters actually !)

http://www.arm.ac.uk/~ath/music/td/post ... ontyp.html
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

:lol: sad but true.... :oops: :roll: :D :wink: :cry: :lol:
har

Post by har »

:lol:

I have not seen a TD CD in our HMV for years............ and very rarely ANYTHING else I want to purchase. Thing is if it goes bust I'd be a bit gutted as there is virtually no where else. I live in hope of being able to purchase something in HMV Dundee, will check later this week :P

I did witness 3 TD albums in the Manchester HMV :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: i think what's surprising is that it was actually in stock in HMV :lol:

The TD section in our Stoke-on-Trent/Hanley HMV consists of....

nada, zip, zilch, nowt, nothing :cry:

at least that was the case last week when i went in.
maybe by now they have all the recent Membran releases, plus these Esoteric ones....

yeh, right.
Yep. HMV are really missing a trick. Our local one had nowt and I don't just mean just TD. I walked in with a bundle of cash...
...and walked out with the same bundle of cash. They should have been offering all sorts of trinkets, like they used to back in the day.
You may find this interesting if you despair of HMV....

(apologies to those who don't know the original sketch, but I don't think it matters actually !)

http://www.arm.ac.uk/~ath/music/td/post ... ontyp.html
Not sure a TD fan would have waited that long to shoot. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Probably right......impatient IS our middle name :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Probably right......impatient IS our middle name :)
TD fan: Have you got any Tangerine Dream?
Shop Assistant: No.

...BANG!!! :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

sparrow wrote::lol: sad but true.... :oops: :roll: :D :wink: :cry: :lol:
Funny !!! Funny language. :D
And I would have shot way earlier too !! ahah !
I actually don't talk anymore to the equivalent of these guys in the equivalent of HMV in France (FNAC). They used to been great shops, until greedy moneymakers took hold of them and changed them a lot. I'm glad there's still one pretty good record shop in Paris, with decent stiocks (and often cheap prices on the top of that) A single one, in what some rate as such a fantastic city. Paris... no, it's not fantastic at all. Tsk... this shop is still employing a few guys who've got passion and good tastes in music but it won't stay that way for long, I'm afraid.

I don't think "Phaedra" is the biggest selling album by TD, especially with only 100.000 copies, far from it ? In England ?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

So, for those unfamiliar with the ORGINAL version of this TD-take,
here is the Monty Python sketch that it is based on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

What about the "Klangwald" tracks on Disc 2 of the Esoteric "Zeit" release. Did they use the same source as the Tangerine Tree version, or has Edgar finally dusted off his archive and gave us the real deal?.. :D
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Whoopysnorp wrote:What about the "Klangwald" tracks on Disc 2 of the Esoteric "Zeit" release. Did they use the same source as the Tangerine Tree version, or has Edgar finally dusted off his archive and gave us the real deal?.. :D
In all probability the same source: no more music, the sound is possibly a bit (very slightly) better.
I wonder what is the source for the Underwater Sunlight bonus track(s). 70/90, Traumzeit, EO :twisted: ?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

SHOCK......................found 2 of the Esoteric albums in HMV wolverhampton
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Still got no email from Esoteric Records that the Zeit Box has being sent. Still got no answer to my emails...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

phaedra1974 wrote:Still got no email from Esoteric Records that the Zeit Box has being sent. Still got no answer to my emails...
It's been delayed a little. Arrarently the arrtwork needs to be inspected and passed by the artist. This will be done on or near 31st July, then the sets can be sent out and should arrive fairly soon after.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

...also it's good to read on the Zest Facebook page that the first Esoteric pressing of Zeit has sold out. :D