April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Original 2CD Relativity issue of Poland is currently on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mega-Rare-2-CD-Ve ... 500wt_1156
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

From the Esoteric website alas, there seems to be no bonus track... :evil:
Thomas Mc Nulty

Poland Cd

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I wonder if the Poland discs will be on sale at The Lowry gig. A little saving on postage and no waiting on Postie. Perhaps Herr Barber can advise.....
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I hope you enjoy the un-cut album of Poland.

:!: :arrow:
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Calling this re-issue 'Poland - the Expanded Edition' is very misleading. All they are doing is re-issuing the album as it was in the first place. The 'Expanded' title implies that buyers will receive something extra. More accurately it should've been called 'Poland - the Original Edition'.
It will be interesting to compare how this remastering compares to previous issues which had noticeable tape hiss.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Peter Beasley wrote:Calling this re-issue 'Poland - the Expanded Edition' is very misleading. All they are doing is re-issuing the album as it was in the first place. The 'Expanded' title implies that buyers will receive something extra. More accurately it should've been called 'Poland - the Original Edition'.
Must admit I had similar thoughts. I was a little disappointed that the release won't contain any additional material.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:Calling this re-issue 'Poland - the Expanded Edition' is very misleading. All they are doing is re-issuing the album as it was in the first place. The 'Expanded' title implies that buyers will receive something extra. More accurately it should've been called 'Poland - the Original Edition'.
Must admit I had similar thoughts. I was a little disappointed that the release won't contain any additional material.
Will it be exactly the same contents as the previously released single disc CD?
So far I have only ordered the Zeit re-issue, because of the additional material.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
So far I have only ordered the Zeit re-issue, because of the additional material.
No. As far as I'm aware it will be the same as the previously released 2CD version with the full recording of Barbakane.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Must admit I had similar thoughts. I was a little disappointed that the release won't contain any additional material.
No. As far as I'm aware it will be the same as the previously released 2CD version with the full recording of Barbakane.
Hm, then I guess I have to order it. Thanks. :-)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Orderd Poland and Zeit Box set. :P
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Poland now in stock at CDS:

TANGERINE DREAM: POLAND (2CD - 2011 Remaster / Complete Un-Edited Performance - Stock # 1418704)
Normally 2CD £15.99 - Ltd Current Stock Offer 2CD £13.99 * In Stock Now *
Esoteric Recordings have announced the release of a Newly Remastered Edition of 'Poland-The Warsaw Concert' by Tangerine Dream. On the 10th December 1983, Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling performed a legendary concert in the Ice Stadium in Warsaw - a unique event, given the political situation in Poland at the time. The resulting 'live' album was issued as a double LP set on the Jive Electro label the following year to great acclaim. Of all the subsequent CD releases of the album, only two early editions, released in the USA & Germany, featured the full un-edited version of the original double LP. This Newly Remastered Edition fully restores the Entire Unedited Double LP Version to Compact Disc and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Deluxe Booklet with New Essay.
Track List - Disc 1:
01. Poland
02. Tangent
Track List - Disc 2:
01. Barbakane
02. Horizon
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

It will be interesting to compare how this remastering compares to previous issues which had noticeable tape hiss.
100% correct it should be called original edition.... Record company marketing departments are not known for their honesty :)

What is wrong with tape hiss? It is an inherent part of the physical analog tape in which the concert was recorded. It can not be removed [regardless of what Sonic Solutions and their proponents claim] without also removing some of the high end of the music. Thus giving it dull boring sound like on the later remasters. The original Relativity was a transfer from the original masters - for better or worse Poland will not sound any better on CD. Yes it can be made louder, but why spend the money on that if you have volume controls on your audio system?
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Some reports say that the sound quality of the Esoteric re-release of 'Poland' is 'thin and tinny'.... Any opinions?