April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

David Gale
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by David Gale »

Can't say anything about the quality I'm afraid because I was born with tin ears but I was really pleased to be able to listen to the full version of Barbakane at last as my only experience of Poland has been via the single CD release. Even more pleasing were the sleeve notes from one "Andy King of Hertfordshire" - I really enjoyed the insight into the whole Poland tour especially the description of the moment when ten minutes into the first gig after the first power failure they only were able to continue after a 4:3 vote in favour by the road crew. One vote the other way and this album may never have been with us!

Post by sparrow »

Just listened to both Poland discs and the remaster is wonderful. No hint of distortion and not as loud as the old single cd remaster. Not got Zeit yet as there seems to be a delay.
har

Post by har »

Hopefully Zeit will not be too much longer..............................I am trying not to think about it :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Nothing arrived here yet. Waiting to hear whether it's an improvement on the Relativity release.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:Nothing arrived here yet. Waiting to hear whether it's an improvement on the Relativity release.
Poland is an improvement on all previous issues...a great remaster which has been done properly for a change.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Nothing arrived here yet. Waiting to hear whether it's an improvement on the Relativity release.
Poland is an improvement on all previous issues...a great remaster which has been done properly for a change.
Cool. 8) 8) 8)

Just got to wait for the post now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

The ZEIT cd in stock at CDS today.

Not long now.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Zeit floated onto my door mat this morning! Nice slip case and descriptive sticker! 8) Nice Sleeve notes and fully restored original art work including band collage! er, confession time, i love Zeit but skipped straight to disc two, 77 mins of Unreleased live TD music from 1972! Excellent stuff until the bass towards the end of Klangwald Part Two vibrated the thin wall between me & the bathroom into oblivion!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Been enjoying Poland very much the last few days. It's been a bit of a reintroduction to an old classic that I haven't heard in a while. The sound is very good and, to my ears at least, it sounds a lot brighter than the original 2CD release. They seem to have brought out different aspects of the music being played and I keep hearing things that I'd not noticed before.

I really like the sleeve as well. It's a vast improvement on the slip of paper that came with original 2CD release. The essay by our Andy King is first class, a wonderful description of the tour that really puts the significance and scale of the Poland tour into perspective. There's loads of information in there that I'd not been aware of before.

Overall it wipes the floor with the original release.
har

Post by har »

Zeit arrived this morning 8) 8) 8)

Managed to listen to Birth of Liquid Plejades and Nebulous Dawn this aft. Very impressed with the clarity and I'm hearing things I have not heard before in these two pieces. Excellent essay by Andy and good booklet and photos.

Away to check out the rest shortly including Klangwald 8) Looking forward to this bit especially.....................
[Navel of light]

Excellent stuff until the bass towards the end of Klangwald Part Two vibrated the thin wall between me & the bathroom into oblivion!!!
:) :P
har

Post by har »

Only managed one listen, impressed with the quality of the remaster.

In respect of Klangwald, anyone else got any views????

Seems to be a bit of debate where this concert recording has originated. As far as I am concerned I am VERY pleased to hear this. Happy with the quality of the recording and some amazing music thereon. It is like having an undiscovered album between Zeit and Atem 8) 8) 8)

Cant wait to hear ATEM remastered. Hope there are some extras.

8) 8) 8) :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

har wrote:Only managed one listen, impressed with the quality of the remaster.

Seems to be a bit of debate where this concert recording has originated. As far as I am concerned I am VERY pleased to hear this. Happy with the quality of the recording and some amazing music thereon. It is like having an undiscovered album between Zeit and Atem 8) 8) 8)

There is to be another unrelesed concert included with Atem.. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Not got my copy of Zeit yet. Very interested to hear what the live CD sounds like.
har

Post by har »

sparrow wrote:
har wrote:Only managed one listen, impressed with the quality of the remaster.

There is to be another unrelesed concert included with Atem.. 8)
Nice, cant wait 8) Looking forward to hearing Atem remastered. I love that album.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:Not got my copy of Zeit yet. Very interested to hear what the live CD sounds like.
Away to do a headphone job with Klangwald after Close to the Edge.

Be interested to hear your views when you get it Chris.