April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

burningbrain
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by burningbrain »

Can someone confirm which Klangwald version is contained on CD2? The real one or the other one?
Did someone compare it to TT?

(see http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... =klangwald)
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

I ordered the Zeit Vinyl Boxset two months ago at the beginning of april. At the time of ordering there was no release date of it on the esoteric records homepage and a few weeks later I wondered why I got no package.

After sending an email to esoteric records they answered that the box will be released on 31st may. And then they also wrote the release date on their homepage.

But still no box set in the post. Does anybody know if this boxset will ever be released and when it will be? I wrote an email again to esoteric records but got no answer. And there is no boxset on their homepage now.

Is this box set sold out or will it never be released?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

phaedra1974 wrote:I ordered the Zeit Vinyl Boxset two months ago at the beginning of april. At the time of ordering there was no release date of it on the esoteric records homepage and a few weeks later I wondered why I got no package.

After sending an email to esoteric records they answered that the box will be released on 31st may. And then they also wrote the release date on their homepage.

But still no box set in the post. Does anybody know if this boxset will ever be released and when it will be? I wrote an email again to esoteric records but got no answer. And there is no boxset on their homepage now.

Is this box set sold out or will it never be released?
No idea, but I ordered like you at the beginning of April.
It was advertised as a limited release, so maybe they stopped advertising coz they are all sold :?:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The Zeit Box is out June 30th.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Thanks for the info, sparrow.

The communication from Esoteric Records is very bad
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

phaedra1974 wrote:Thanks for the info, sparrow.

The communication from Esoteric Records is very bad
Yeah........their website seems to keep you in supspense right up until something is released..can't fault the label though ..they've released loads of albums corrected or hard to find..lots of people don't like the way they are remastered but I think thery are excellent.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:The Zeit Box is out June 30th.
Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Got the re-issue of Zeit yesterday. Have listened through the concert disc. Nice document from an antique TD concert. :-)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Finally got my copy of the Esoteric version of Zeit and am very pleased. Sound quality is great and the packaging top-notch. The essay by Andy King is brilliant (again) and fills in literally tons of information about the recording that I hadn't known before. The second live disc recorded in 1972 is equally as great and, for me, helps explain a lot of gaps in my understanding of what TD were like back in 72 as well as showing what they were hoping to achieve.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I bought Record Collector magazine at the weekend and it mentions the Zeit re-release on page 14. I guessed that there might be an advertisement for it in the mag and sure enough there is a glossy one on the back cover taking up the bottom quarter! Nice one! ;)
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Surprisingly Zeit 2(CD) was selling for £15 in HMV Croydon on Friday - has to pass though, will need wait for a funds transplant before I partake in some new Zeitness
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Red Morpho wrote:Surprisingly Zeit 2(CD) was selling for £15 in HMV Croydon on Friday - has to pass though, will need wait for a funds transplant before I partake in some new Zeitness
Both play.com and amazon.co.uk have it for £11.89.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
Red Morpho wrote:Surprisingly Zeit 2(CD) was selling for £15 in HMV Croydon on Friday - has to pass though, will need wait for a funds transplant before I partake in some new Zeitness
i think what's surprising is that it was actually in stock in HMV :lol:

The TD section in our Stoke-on-Trent/Hanley HMV consists of....

nada, zip, zilch, nowt, nothing :cry:

at least that was the case last week when i went in.
maybe by now they have all the recent Membran releases, plus these Esoteric ones....

yeh, right.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

maybe by now they have all the recent Membran releases, plus these Esoteric ones....

yeh, right.
Yep. HMV are really missing a trick. Our local one had nowt and I don't just mean just TD. I walked in with a bundle of cash...
...and walked out with the same bundle of cash. They should have been offering all sorts of trinkets, like they used to back in the day.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Both play.com and amazon.co.uk have it for £11.89.

yeh, right.
Yep. HMV are really missing a trick. Our local one had nowt and I don't just mean just TD. I walked in with a bundle of cash...
...and walked out with the same bundle of cash. They should have been offering all sorts of trinkets, like they used to back in the day.
Croydon also had Melrose (Membran) - the fact they had some TD in was the biggest Surprise. I've also walked in a few HMV's with money to burn and walked out with it again but now and again they have the odd gem in the clearance section
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...