Babylon The Great Has Fallen...

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Babylon The Great Has Fallen...

Post by GlynRichards »

... is just fantastic. It just came on at random and I had forgotten how superb it is!!!!!!!!!!

:P
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Insvims

Re: Babylon The Great Has Fallen...

Post by Insvims »

GlynRichards wrote:... is just fantastic. It just came on at random and I had forgotten how superb it is!!!!!!!!!!

:P
Let's say, for the last 10 years (at least), this is for me the best track they (he: TQ) have done!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

was listening to this the other day. Fairly interesting start, but then after about 6 minutes it REALLY gets going :!:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Excellent track. Would be great to hear it in concert. Mind you I really like Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence as well, wouldn't mind that getting a live outing.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

... and Sadness of Echnaton Losing The World Child. Another recent classic IMO (unless that's a contradiction).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Thanks for posting this - made me dig it out as I hadn't listened to PD for a while.

I have to say this is my favourite TD album (and I do view it as an album despite it being labelled a cupdisc) since the mid 80s and it's got that sort of feel to it as well. I can just imagine holding the vinyl with the 2 shorter tracks on 1 side and PD on the other. That's not to sat its retro, in fact quite the opposite, the last few minutes of Babylon the Great are bang up to date, could even imagine it sneaked into a trance set somewhere maybe with the BPM turned up a notch - fantastic stuff! Not just a modern TD classic, a classic full stop.

We need to start a campaign now to get this played in Manchester (I'm thinking 1st encore?).

On that note have any of Thorsten's TD tracks ever been played live? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Babylon The Great Has Fallen is a fave of mine too and really rescues the Purple Diluvial cd for me. The title track, and im gonna be really harsh here, bores the hell out of me! i know alot of hardcore fans wont like me saying that but i am a hardcore TD fan but it just does nothing for me! Babylon on the other hand has a great sound, love it! :P
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:...The title track, and im gonna be really harsh here, bores the hell out of me!...
The re-recording on Booster IV does a lot of good things to this track, in my opinion. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:...The title track, and im gonna be really harsh here, bores the hell out of me!...
The re-recording on Booster IV does a lot of good things to this track, in my opinion. :)
Not had a chance to compare them yet. Must admit that I wasn't all that taken with the original. There are some very good sections and some not so good. It also meanders a bit. Actually that all sounds a little harsh. It really ain't too bad. The new version received a 'higher approval rating' with the old noggin. Be interesting to spend some time comparing the two, to see what the differences are.
Erik

Post by Erik »

all three tracks go by really fast whenever i hear them.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
hansx

Post by hansx »

Me too, like this track a lot. One of the best tracks on B4. Should be warm welcomed in Manchester next month.