The Angel of the West Window

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Fantastic album.
All my thanks to Edgar and Thorsten to give us so two great albums withmany masterpieces in this spring 2011.

I have the impression to hear Hoshiko on track 1 and Linda on track 3, but I don't find their names on the credits.
Is it a dream or reality?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
ant

Post by ant »

:( Yes, I found it a little annoying not having who was playing on the album as I too hear violin but don't know if it is Hoshiko or Bernhard playing it. All we seem to learn is that EF composed 6 tracks and TQ 3. A fantastic album but, like Island of the Fay, a bit more info would be nice on the next one. :D
Biggus Dickus
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

After listening to TAFTWW the second time over headphones, I must say that this is the best album that TD released during the last couple of years. Brilliant songs, great sounds, stunning rhythms and sequences. :D
I wonder how long they will hold this level of quality.
har

Post by har »

CDS delivery today :D

Looking forward to hearing this tonight, meant to be going out but stuff that. Night in with a few beers and TD :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Fabulous release. Can't quite get my head around how it's possible for TD to release another brilliant album so close after The Island Of The Fay, but they have. Each track stands up on it's own and there's plenty of new and fresh ideas. Have to say that my favourite track is The Mysterious Gift To Mankind with it's lovely guitar solo played by EF but the rest of the tracks are all of a near equal high standard. Hopefully The Mysterious Gift To Mankind will get a live outing in the near future.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Yep, TD MADE IT AGAIN ! 8) 8) :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
har

Post by har »

Just managed to listen through once.

Impressed.

Some extended listening now imminent 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Anyone mentioned the cover yet? I think it's beautiful. Great work by Bianca.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:Anyone mentioned the cover yet? I think it's beautiful. Great work by Bianca.
was thinking that last night when having second listen. Very stylish cover. Like it.

Great album. Still preferring Island of the Fay at the moment, early days though, and some real great tracks on this.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Anyone mentioned the cover yet? I think it's beautiful. Great work by Bianca.
was thinking that last night when having second listen. Very stylish cover. Like it.

Great album. Still preferring Island of the Fay at the moment, early days though, and some real great tracks on this.
For me, Angel From The West Window is a great improvement on the already wonderful Island Of The Fay ! 2 superb albums in quick succession, plus the Gate Of Saturn cupdisc. An excellent year so far, with more to come :!:
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Album arrived today and just giving it a first listen....

...first impressions... I like it.
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

ant wrote::? The album seems to be called The Angel Of The West Window but the cover seems to say The Angel From The West Window so which is correct?
... both :D :

CD cover:

Download cover:

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Played this again twice today and am still amazed by the compositions contained on it. Some of the best tracks for ages :)

For me, this is certainly the most consistently good album of recent years.
Others have had stand-out tracks with fillers, but this is good throughout.

Now, what's happened to the promised Finnegan's Wake CD :?:

It's ages since we had a new TD release :wink: :lol:
Erik

Post by Erik »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Fantastic album.
All my thanks to Edgar and Thorsten to give us so two great albums withmany masterpieces in this spring 2011.

I have the impression to hear Hoshiko on track 1 and Linda on track 3, but I don't find their names on the credits.
Is it a dream or reality?

Charles
i bet when Voices in the Net gets updated it'll be clarified
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
hansx

Post by hansx »

Have it now, after a first listen I am not thrilled yet. But tomorrow it will be listened some times more, so maybe I can give some more enthusiastic commend. :)