The Angel of the West Window

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

pb2rdf wrote:Sorry to tell this, but this album is imo not a wow album.
It's good for background music (muzac), did listen the album 5 times, and still it does not thrill me at all.
The Island of The Fay suits me more of TD music I like.

Peter
Had the same feeling in first instance, Peter. But after some listenings it became better and better. I like it now and think it is still better than Fay.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I've now played it at least 10 times...
I don't like it as much as Island of the Fa,y but it's a good album.
I have a fondness especially for the first track "The Mysterious Gift To Mankind" with this unexpected and welcome guitar solo by Mr Froese.
I think the third piece "Living in Eternity" is really excellent but way too short. Such a good melody is rare and should have been developped. And I also like pretty much the three tracks penned by Thorsten Quaeschning.
I'd be glad to read the complete credits one day. I can't understand that one forgets that... but maybe the violin on track one and three is sampled...
Last edited by Marc M on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Listen to it for three weeks now.

First impression was not the best but after hearing it again and again the last three weeks my impression now is that it is a very good album but not as brilliant as "The Island Of The Fay".

On "The Island Of The Fay" I like every song but "The Angel Of The West Window" is very varying. But again I like Torsten´s compositions more than Edgar´s. My favourite song is "The Invisible Seal Of The Holy Tribe".

I don´t like "Living In Eternity" very much.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Everybody is of course different but I personally think Angel is better than Fay and that is not to say I do not like Fay because I do, I think it is excellent but Angel has the edge for me. It is good that at least both albums are highly rated regardless of which more than the other. Two wonderful works by TD again. What a great year so far!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::D Everybody is of course different but I personally think Angel is better than Fay and that is not to say I do not like Fay because I do, I think it is excellent but Angel has the edge for me. It is good that at least both albums are highly rated regardless of which more than the other. Two wonderful works by TD again. What a great year so far!! :D
...and there's more to come. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Still no shipment from Eastgate here. I know they have sent it, so it must have been stopped in the customs. Grrrr... :x
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Insvims wrote:Still no shipment from Eastgate here. I know they have sent it, so it must have been stopped in the customs. Grrrr... :x
Got a mesage from Eastgate that my package is returned to them with a message saying that I did not pick it up! I check my mail box every day in anticipation of a package from Eastgate. No notice has been given me for this package.
Well, then there is another two weeks until the CD's arrive here. :cry:
har

Post by har »

Insvims wrote:
Insvims wrote:Still no shipment from Eastgate here. I know they have sent it, so it must have been stopped in the customs. Grrrr... :x
Got a mesage from Eastgate that my package is returned to them with a message saying that I did not pick it up! I check my mail box every day in anticipation of a package from Eastgate. No notice has been given me for this package.
Bad luck Insvims. Had loads of problems with the postal system to Norway myself.

Hope you get it soon. Its well worth the wait 8)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

har wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Bad luck Insvims. Had loads of problems with the postal system to Norway myself.

Hope you get it soon. Its well worth the wait 8)
Hope so too. :-)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
Ouch!!! That must hurt.

...and I complain about the Royal Mail. Shame on me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I hope come in the mailbox for long.

:!: :arrow:
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Insvims wrote:Got a mesage from Eastgate that my package is returned to them with a message saying that I did not pick it up! I check my mail box every day in anticipation of a package from Eastgate. No notice has been given me for this package.
Then it's time to go to your local post office and to open your mouth big time, I think, just for the sake of stopping this state of things.. or slow it down at least. It happens here in France as well since the National Post subcontracts the distribution of the parcels ! (an dI don't talk anbout al the parcels that are *stolen* !). I guess such things happens everywhere, every day, nowadays - just because of lazy, or stupid (or both) employees. So much money and time lost for such simple things.
I hope you'll get it very soon, Insvims ! :)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

!YES!

My Package just come in mail today.

:!: :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Nice one Peter ...enjoy..and don't forget to put them all on mini disc.. :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:!YES!

My Package just come in mail today.