Madcap's Flaming Duty - DVD

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Watched this twice in bed this morning (there's decadence for you) and am hopelessly hooked.

Got enough guitars Edgar? Love them all....except the blue one. Looks like an accident in the wood-work shop to me. IMO of course. :wink:

Poor Linda looks a little bit out of place at times but all-in-all it looks like everyone had fun making this.

Iris even looks sexy in a pair of safety goggles. We use those a lot at work when dealing with nasty chemicals, don't remember any of my staff looking so sexy. Probably just as well really....that's a court case just waiting to happen.

Would be nice to see one of these tracks played on the telly, that would open a lot of peoples eyes to the magic of TD. Can't see it happening though......... I mean that would blow the BBC's quota for art for the year. :shock:
Chris - Edgars guitars - the blue one ! accident in a woodwork shop indeed ! It's a Parker Fly, probably top of the range (last seen on stage at the Astoria 2003, ok the design of this guitar is very radical, but beleive me they are amazing instruments.
was very nice to see the old Gibson Les Paul being used again, pity this didn't make an appearance at the Astoria last week, ah well we can't have everything.
Yep. Deserve that. Just as well my brother doesn't read this forum. He'd pummel me several shades of black and blue.

The white Gibson Les Paul, is that the same one he used to use in the late 70s and early 80s? If it is, I have very fond memories of that. Edgar picked out by a single spot-light, all dressed in white and playing a white Les Paul. Magic.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:It's picking up some nice reviews over at Amazon as well :)
Yes mate, there are at Amazon.co.uk. By the way, when you look at Amazon.com it would be good if there was the option to listen to samples as usual, especially for an album of this utmost high quality.
well it might put people off it as well ;). I've got to admit I'm surprised how many people love this album
I'm surprised they haven't released any singles off this yet... come to think of it, when was the last time TD released a single? (apart from concert EPs and limited editions that is).
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think One Hour of Madness would make a great single release in an edited form :D 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
redziller

Post by redziller »

epsilon75 wrote:I think One Hour of Madness would make a great single release in an edited form :D 8)
Deffo - and you've got to have the Lakes on t'other side

Release date?
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

redziller wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I think One Hour of Madness would make a great single release in an edited form :D 8)

Release date?
Excellent thought Peter...........I reckon that would sell well IMHO :idea: :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
redziller wrote:

Release date?
Excellent thought Peter...........I reckon that would sell well IMHO :idea: :idea:
Indeed - and what with the download charts too, who knows where they may end up.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I've noticed MFD has made it to the shelves of our local HMV and I suppose that Voiceprint have to take some of the credit for that. Perhaps, this will be the real benefit of this ill-fated union. Unfortunately, the Eastgate releases will never see the light of day at our HMV (or Virgin) and this is something TD should address immediately, if they wish to capitalise on the success of MFD.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:I've noticed MFD has made it to the shelves of our local HMV and I suppose that Voiceprint have to take some of the credit for that. Perhaps, this will be the real benefit of this ill-fated union. Unfortunately, the Eastgate releases will never see the light of day at our HMV (or Virgin) and this is something TD should address immediately, if they wish to capitalise on the success of MFD.
MFD was in our HMV as well someones bought it too. They also had Paradiso in stock which is quite a surprise considering they had no TD for about three years.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:I've noticed MFD has made it to the shelves of our local HMV and I suppose that Voiceprint have to take some of the credit for that. Perhaps, this will be the real benefit of this ill-fated union. Unfortunately, the Eastgate releases will never see the light of day at our HMV (or Virgin) and this is something TD should address immediately, if they wish to capitalise on the success of MFD.
MFD was in our HMV as well someones bought it too. They also had Paradiso in stock which is quite a surprise considering they had no TD for about three years.
In Glasgow? I saw that copy :D...Fopp seemed to have a fair number in stock and they seemed to be selling as well
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:
In Glasgow? I saw that copy :D...Fopp seemed to have a fair number in stock and they seemed to be selling as well
Not Glasgow ..Falkirk. I long for the days you could walk in to a record shop on monday and buy the latest TD.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
sparrow wrote: MFD was in our HMV as well someones bought it too. They also had Paradiso in stock which is quite a surprise considering they had no TD for about three years.
Not Glasgow ..Falkirk. I long for the days you could walk in to a record shop on monday and buy the latest TD.
Well, so far 'sweeping generalisation' every HMV has had a copy of MFD, or at least everyone I looked at. However (and sorry for mentioning them again, I'm beginning to sound like their PR spokesman), Fopp had 95% of all the TDI releases available in their Tottenham Court road branch, further afield they seem to have a fair selection of the other older stuff in their Glasgow branch (not bad considering it's quite small). It just goes to show that 'if' stores want it and TD are 'prepared' to distribute (with the help of Noble PR and Voiceprint....spit! ;)) it then it'll sell.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Not made it to the Banbury HMV yet,They had plenty in the 2 Oxford Street stores the main one even had them on a special cold off the press display.Virgin Megastore nothing.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hyperboreauk wrote:Not made it to the Banbury HMV yet,They had plenty in the 2 Oxford Street stores the main one even had them on a special cold off the press display.Virgin Megastore nothing.
Virgin are twats :D Fopp had TD in three sections...the big display of Krautrock...with over 35 TD discs on display, in the classic rock section AND in their playing in London this week. You couldn't miss them! ;)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Weird happenings here changing my "cold" to cold :?
24db

Post by 24db »

Hyperboreauk wrote:Weird happenings here changing my cold to cold :?
one of the many words that change ;)