Tangerine Dream goes Blu-Ray?

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by GlynRichards »

I suppose it depends on how good your upscaling blu-ray player is! Mine is quite good :wink:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
hansx

Post by hansx »

Wonder if the new dvd will also be released as BR. Should be wise to do it now I guess.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Wonder if the new dvd will also be released as BR. Should be wise to do it now I guess.
I was under the impression that it was going to be a BR release anyway.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:Wonder if the new dvd will also be released as BR. Should be wise to do it now I guess.
I was under the impression that it was going to be a BR release anyway.
Yeah, me too. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere on here that it would be bluray.

I finally moved my surround sound stuff into the living room from my attic (which has been taken over as the kids' bedroom :evil:.
Fortunately the TV is large enough to conceal the amp and SACD player as well as the DVD player so it's not too obtrusive.

Pity that the TD BluRays do not seem to be proper 5.1 surround.
I can get pro-logic surround but the player and amp don't recognise a "proper" 5.1 surround option, even though it says 5.1 on the box.Anyone discovered a way to get this ? Or is it just my set-up?
Last edited by T4N63R1N3 DR34M on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

Post by ant »

:( No, the 5.1 does not work properly, which is a real shame. See some earlier posts about this. Picture is great though!! Hopefully the Starmus one will be proper 5.1 sound. :)
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::( No, the 5.1 does not work properly, which is a real shame. See some earlier posts about this. Picture is great though!! Hopefully the Starmus one will be proper 5.1 sound. :)
Just looked at the earlier posts... :roll:
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

bought both blu-rays from the winter sale after all. playing ONIS now.

Strange sound selection, as was mentioned here before, but at least both tracks decode very well in PLIIx. The first audio track seems to be considerable louder, which one do you prefer?

so it is definitely watchable, but lossless sound should be the way to go for future releases. I actually would prefer a studio release on blu-ray with a very discrete surround mix (like porcupine tree), but I reckon the market is too small for that.. ;(
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

TD Blu Rays are descirbed in the online shop as being in stereo, not surround sound... wasted opportunity guys....
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

well, my assumption is that they are dolby surround, where the surround information is encoded in the stereo tracks.

While it is a poor choice for blu-ray, I'd wish all TD-CDs were encoded in dolby surround like the Schiller-CDs where it decodes pretty well...