TD Reissued on Esoteric Recordings label

rubycon67
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD Reissued on Esoteric Recordings label

Post by rubycon67 »

Hi friends,

Which TD album will be reissued on Esoteric Recordings label ?

If you will be reissued albums will contain bonus tracks ?

Thank you!!!!!!

:D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

All the Pink & Blue Years with some unreleased live stuff. Not sure about bonus tracks though but there will be some.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

As long as they use CDs / CD-Rs only and no source tapes, they should release nothing more at all.
Instead of unreleased stuff on bonus CDs they should release such material on single CDs.
And they should do their best to get this unreleased material from the original sources (RIAS Berlin, WDR Koeln, Greece TV/Radio stations ... etc.) not only from bootlegs / trees / leaves. When I read somewhere, Esotheric Recordings now have (among others) the rights for 'Previously Unreleased “Bootleg” Recordings' like Coventry 1975, York 1975, London 1976, Munich 1976, London 1978, then I doubt their expertise or their advisers. I suspect how mostly, it's all about the easy money only.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There's a review of the Sunrise in the Third System - The Pink Years and Ride on the Ray - The Blue Years in the latest edition of Classic Rock. Bizarrely Sunrise gets 8 out of 10 whilst Ride on the Ray only gets 4 out of 10. Not sure I agree with the review at all but then I am a TD fan.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Cyclone wrote:As long as they use CDs / CD-Rs only and no source tapes, they should release nothing more at all.
Instead of unreleased stuff on bonus CDs they should release such material on single CDs.
And they should do their best to get this unreleased material from the original sources (RIAS Berlin, WDR Koeln, Greece TV/Radio stations ... etc.) not only from bootlegs / trees / leaves. When I read somewhere, Esotheric Recordings now have (among others) the rights for 'Previously Unreleased “Bootleg” Recordings' like Coventry 1975, York 1975, London 1976, Munich 1976, London 1978, then I doubt their expertise or their advisers. I suspect how mostly, it's all about the easy money only.

I agree w/Cyclone. In addition every Esoteric CD I've purchased including other artists feature what I term as Esoteric's house sound. I find it not my liking, both "dull" and "grating" which I find odd.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I haven't purchased any of these releases as they don't offer anything that i don't already have in one form or another.

I'm sure that something better is out there that could benefit from Esoteric releases.

On Tree 51 i think 'On Air' theres an interview with Edgar stating that TD have a massive archive of music .........would be nice if we saw some of that
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Do tou know why the reissued albums are not release from TDI ? Edgar seem to have the right for all the JIVE recordings.

Some people seem to have problems with the sound quality of the remastered albums (the Esoteric releases). Maybe Jerome or Thorsten could do a better job ?
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

Flashpoint wrote:
Cyclone wrote:As long as they use CDs / CD-Rs only and no source tapes, they should release nothing more at all.

I agree w/Cyclone. In addition every Esoteric CD I've purchased including other artists feature what I term as Esoteric's house sound. I find it not my liking, both "dull" and "grating" which I find odd.
Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:Do tou know why the reissued albums are not release from TDI ? Edgar seem to have the right for all the JIVE recordings.

Some people seem to have problems with the sound quality of the remastered albums (the Esoteric releases). Maybe Jerome or Thorsten could do a better job ?

I read on some music forums that Esoteric is 'known' for use of Noise Reduction. Many consider Noise Reduction to be sound reduction. It explains why I feel the Esoteric Tangerine Dream I've purchased to be dull sounding. I don't mind hiss, I find it a lot a lot better than the music sounding as if under 16 centimeters of cork.

I've no money to spend on dull sounding new discs, I'll stick with my old TD CD's. Most of the bonus stuff was part of the tree so I stick with that as well.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Flashpoint wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:Do tou know why the reissued albums are not release from TDI ? Edgar seem to have the right for all the JIVE recordings.

I read on some music forums that Esoteric is 'known' for use of Noise Reduction. Many consider Noise Reduction to be sound reduction. It explains why I feel the Esoteric Tangerine Dream I've purchased to be dull sounding. I don't mind hiss, I find it a lot a lot better than the music sounding as if under 16 centimeters of cork.

I've no money to spend on dull sounding new discs, I'll stick with my old TD CD's. Most of the bonus stuff was part of the tree so I stick with that as well.
Won't buy too much of this stuff. Only when it does add some extra value to the original.