SURPRISE RELEASE + NEW CUPDISC

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:Mine arrived today. Very pleased, even if my sticker isn't crumpled. :wink:

Not had a chance to listen to either of the albums but they look stunning.

Great album covers. Really beautiful.

...and I've even made it on to the cover of Live at the Lowry. Quite a moment for me, seriously. :D

Perfect way to end the week.
Brilliant covers, especially The Lowry. The booklet also excellent , great photos and also good to see so many pics of TD fans :D

PS Who is the dog on the back cover :wink:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

N.A.Y.

No Announcement Yet. :roll:

:!: :arrow:
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

was really hoping postie would deliver today
but alas it was not to be :( :( :( :( :( :(
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:PS Who is the dog on the back cover :wink:
Edgar's.

I've read something written by Bianca a year or two back saying that Edgar had got a new dog. There was a photo of them together in a garden. Looks like the same dog to me. Can't remember where the original article was, probably be the TDOC site somewhere. Gave it a cursory glance but couldn't see anything.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Listening to Mona Da Vinci for about the 4th time....

Favourite track at this point for me has to be Hunting for Illusions....
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Schulze wrote:Listening to Mona Da Vinci for about the 4th time....

Favourite track at this point for me has to be Hunting for Illusions....
Yep. I've listened to this several times today and Hunting for Illusions is my fave so far. I usually go for the more up-tempo stuff first, the more ambient stuff usually takes a little longer.

I'm slightly perplexed by Phantoms and Oracles. Can't make up my mind when it was recorded. Is it a new track or an archive recording? I haven't a clue. Sounds very good though. Nice playing by Zlakto. I wonder what Bernie would have done with it. Maybe we'll find out at a future concert.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Both CD's arrived yest.morning via CDS in Dundee! Well protected in a flip top box! ;-)

On the first few listens, this could be one of my favorite cup discs yet! It sounds great, it feels like TD have taken their time and care to compose the music whereas sometimes, I feel the cup discs are " leftovers" or cuts that didn't quite make an album....although I like them all.....but Mona Da Vinci has a real good feel about it. I got favorite tracks but can't put names to them yet, lol

Hope you all enjoy it too.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Cupdisc

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Good cd so far. like it. Put it onto ipod with Gate of Saturn Ep for back to back listening this afternoon. All bodes well for the Finnegan's Wake release.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:PS Who is the dog on the back cover :wink:
Edgar's.

I've read something written by Bianca a year or two back saying that Edgar had got a new dog. There was a photo of them together in a garden. Looks like the same dog to me. Can't remember where the original article was, probably be the TDOC site somewhere. Gave it a cursory glance but couldn't see anything.
8)

Nice to see you Edgars dog :) Climbing out the roof of the Lowry no less.........cool !
har

Post by har »

Enjoying both CDs very much.

Great triple live from possibly one of the best trips and gigs in my life, even with the slight ( FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!! ) sound issue it was just awesome. AND the sound quality on the CD is just superb.

Getting into Mona Da Vinci and enjoying doing so.
ant

Post by ant »

:D You may well be right about the dog being Edgar's but as there was someone at the concert with a dog I wondered if it was his??? :D
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Great triple live from possibly one of the best trips and gigs in my life, even with the slight ( FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!! ) sound issue it was just awesome. AND the sound quality on the CD is just superb.
It was a very memorable show for me as well. I was fortunate enough to close to the front of the stage and near the middle and didn't appear to be subject to the sound issues several have reported, my only indication of any problems were for a brief period during Long Island Sunset.

High point though was meeting Edgar after the show. It's quite an experience meeting someone who's been a hero for so many years. There's a feeling that you have to say something that will communicate all that his music has meant to you in just a few short seconds and the sure knowledge that you'll never be able to do it. In the end I just lapsed into fan-boy mumbling (sigh).

The CD set is a great memento I have to say and the fact that I'm in one of the photos really means a lot, I know it shouldn't but it does.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Postie just been .......................... :cry: :x :evil:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Got my package today :D :D
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

enjoying the new tunes very much

Mona has been "spun" 3 times tonight already!

all tracks excellent

picking a few tracks from "Lowry" now.

Excuse my ignorance but who is Edgar refering to at the end of Cool at Heart?
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"