SURPRISE RELEASE + NEW CUPDISC

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Cyclone »

xsaram3 wrote:... Excuse my ignorance but who is Edgar refering to at the end of Cool at Heart?
Marilyn. Info: http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... 474#152474
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Wonderful Lady
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

alipaul wrote:Wonderful Lady
Thank you for filling me in.
I'm sorry I wasn't aware.
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Chris Monk wrote:The CD set is a great memento I have to say and the fact that I'm in one of the photos really means a lot, I know it shouldn't but it does.
Same thing for me, Chris... :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
har

Post by har »

On Live At The Lowry............................

There are loads of highlights for me. Brilliant setlist and performance by the band......................however the one that gets me every time is when Edgar picks up he's geetar 8)

Blue bridge....................remember sitting at the gig with a huge smile on ma coupon................in fact I got, and get, a wee bit emotional during this track :? :? :? :wink:

This really is some CD !
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Edgar's guitar solos are always well worth listening to. Most guitarists seem to want to get as many notes in the solo as possible where as Edgar tries to get as much emotion as he can in. I remember the first time I saw TD, way back in 1980, and Edgar's solo was just awesome, he played like a man possessed. It's a shame that more guitarist don't follow his lead.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
redziller

Post by redziller »

Chris Monk wrote:Edgar's guitar solos are always well worth listening to. Most guitarists seem to want to get as many notes in the solo as possible where as Edgar tries to get as much emotion as he can in. I remember the first time I saw TD, way back in 1980, and Edgar's solo was just awesome, he played like a man possessed. It's a shame that more guitarist don't follow his lead.
Not wrong there Chris - when Edgar's on guitar it often sounds like a narrative to me, like he's talking in notes.

For instance, Hunter Shot by a Yellow Rabbit, first few times I didn't get it - sounded like he was just riding the chords but then it swapped amd seemed like the chords were just fitting in with what he was saying,

I'll get me hipster-coat :oops:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Edgar's guitar solos are always well worth listening to. Most guitarists seem to want to get as many notes in the solo as possible where as Edgar tries to get as much emotion as he can in. I remember the first time I saw TD, way back in 1980, and Edgar's solo was just awesome, he played like a man possessed. It's a shame that more guitarist don't follow his lead.
Not wrong there Chris - when Edgar's on guitar it often sounds like a narrative to me, like he's talking in notes.

For instance, Hunter Shot by a Yellow Rabbit, first few times I didn't get it - sounded like he was just riding the chords but then it swapped amd seemed like the chords were just fitting in with what he was saying,

I agree with you.
But to say that most guitarists other than EF try to play as many notes as possible is a "fan boy"-talk, eh? :-)

David Gilmour is of course the master in this. His latest solo album, On An Island, may be underrated by some, but there you really have the master!

The late Gary Moore's blues albums are aboslutely pure gold!
God bless him.

Mark Knopfler's solo albums.

Steve Rothery of Marillion; oh, what a guitarist!

There are many, many more.

But yes, Edgar Froese is good. But he is also good at electronics. :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
redziller wrote:

I agree with you.
But to say that most guitarists other than EF try to play as many notes as possible is a "fan boy"-talk, eh? :-)

David Gilmour is of course the master in this. His latest solo album, On An Island, may be underrated by some, but there you really have the master!

The late Gary Moore's blues albums are aboslutely pure gold!
God bless him.

Mark Knopfler's solo albums.

Steve Rothery of Marillion; oh, what a guitarist!

There are many, many more.

But yes, Edgar Froese is good. But he is also good at electronics. :D
True. I was thinking more of the Malmsteen's of this world. You could add Satriani to the list of guitarists who put emotion before technique.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Trying to decide what my favourite track is on Mona Da Vinci.

Very difficult to choose one, all are excellent.

Special mention deserved for the excellent geetaring by Zlatko Perica, cracking 8)
Erik

Post by Erik »

surprisingly lackluster
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Erik wrote:surprisingly lackluster
Have a few more listens after I heard the cup disc twice I thought it was mediocre but now I think it's a beautiful & for the most part mellow disc which is definetly a grower. :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Have a few more listens after I heard the cup disc twice I thought it was mediocre but now I think it's a beautiful & for the most part mellow disc which is definetly a grower. :D
That was exactly my reaction. It took a few spins to register.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Same.............definite grower. Initially a bit underwhelmed, now absolutely loving this disc. In fact on at least 2/3 times a day just now.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote: Have a few more listens after I heard the cup disc twice I thought it was mediocre but now I think it's a beautiful & for the most part mellow disc which is definetly a grower. :D
Same.............definite grower. Initially a bit underwhelmed, now absolutely loving this disc. In fact on at least 2/3 times a day just now.
...that's the mark of a great release as far as I'm concerned.