MOVIE Scores

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Oasis which I have never seen ( :cry: )
If you like Canyon Dreams you'll love Oasis. They are very complimentary to each other. Got my DVD of Oasis off of Ebay not too long ago for quite a reasonable price because I, like you, had never seen it. No regrets.

...and it's a better Video to DVD transfer than Canyon Dreams IMO.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:Oasis which I have never seen ( :cry: )
If you like Canyon Dreams you'll love Oasis. They are very complimentary to each other. Got my DVD of Oasis off of Ebay not too long ago for quite a reasonable price because I, like you, had never seen it. No regrets.

...and it's a better Video to DVD transfer than Canyon Dreams IMO.
I love the Oasis soundtrack and have an interest in Deserts and Cacti :? :wink: Really hope to get the DVD some time. Will dig out the Canyon Dreams VHS this week 8)

I seriously hope ALL these TD related films get a release at some point.
rockyrobin

Movie Scores

Post by rockyrobin »

Some of the unreleased material here is quite superb, and tantalising to think what might be out there. What great clips old and new.

Fassbinder in leopard print suit - hilarious !

Rockyrobin
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

... this back catalogue would make a great season at London's BFI ...
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
har

Post by har »

Possibly a bit of movement on releasing movie scores :?:

The Park Is Mine is now on itunes download. Released 23/9/2011. Just checked the samples there and sounds pretty good. Might get that as its one I still have to acquire.

Flashpoint has been on itunes for about a year and is absolute pants quality as they lifted it from a noisy LP. Park seems good quality though.

You can also buy or rent The Park Is Mine film on itunes :shock:

Now if they released the Sorcerer film like this I might be tempted to suss out apple TV, or whatever it is you need.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Flashpoint has been on itunes for about a year and is absolute pants quality as they lifted it from a noisy LP.
Wow. That's unforgivable. Surely they could get a decent recording. I hope that they aren't charging very much for it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:Flashpoint has been on itunes for about a year and is absolute pants quality as they lifted it from a noisy LP.
Wow. That's unforgivable. Surely they could get a decent recording. I hope that they aren't charging very much for it.
They seem to have removed track 1 and you can only buy the rest of the tracks individually at 79p each. Perhaps that had the worst surface noise. Ridiculous though. Very unusual for itunes, I have bought loads of downloads ( too many :wink: ) and never had any quality issues at all.

Fortunately my Flashpoint LP is superb 8) 8) 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
They seem to have removed track 1 and you can only buy the rest of the tracks individually at 79p each. Perhaps that had the worst surface noise. Ridiculous though. Very unusual for itunes, I have bought loads of downloads ( too many :wink: ) and never had any quality issues at all.

Can't believe that. You'd think that they'd at least provide a decent recording for that sort of money.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Wow. That's unforgivable. Surely they could get a decent recording. I hope that they aren't charging very much for it.

Can't believe that. You'd think that they'd at least provide a decent recording for that sort of money.

iTunes only sells what the labels provide to them, so whoever is the current rights holder on Flashpoint didn't care enough to even track down a CD to master the release from. Yeah it IS a rip off as the quality is awful and it leaves out Going West...the high point of the score !
Erik

Post by Erik »

buy it, and then pirate the best sounding rip you can possibly find. no harm done
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "