More TD releases from Cherry Red/Esoteric incl. Tree/Leaves?

Whoopysnorp
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

More TD releases from Cherry Red/Esoteric incl. Tree/Leaves?

Post by Whoopysnorp »

It seems that Cherry Red Records (the label who just released the "Zeit", "Atem" & "Underwater sunlight" remasters) has licensed more TD material for a possible re-release, among them both out-of-print "Bootleg Box Sets", Reims Live 1974 (Tangerine Tree 30), Cirkus-Krone-Bau Munich 1976 (Tangerine Leaves Vol. 46), London Hammersmith Odeon 1978 (TL 92), London Royal Albert Hall 1979 (that's a typo, I assume it's 1976 = TT 34) and York Minster Cathedral 1975 (TL 3).
See their full list here: http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopcontent. ... ive%20Rock
I added the corresponding Tree/Leaves volume numbers since I can't believe that we get to hear original TD vault material, especially since all those shows have all been bootlegged (and I'm gonna eat my TD shirt if this happens, you can quote me on that! :lol: ). I also have to admit that I'm baffled about Esoteric's release strategy, the "Leaves" recordings are simply not good enough for an official release (I did the poor remastering for the Munich 1976 show, blame me not Esoteric! 8) ) and were never meant to be stocked at Amazon :?

Heiko H.
Last edited by Whoopysnorp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
har

Post by har »

I certainly hope the Bootleg Box Sets and the "quality" material listed get a release.

Would be superb.
Last edited by har on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: More TD releases from Cherry Red/Esoteric incl. Tree/Lea

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Whoopysnorp wrote:It seems that Cherry Red Records (the label who just released the "Zeit", "Atem" & "Underwater sunlight" remasters) has licensed more TD material for a possible re-release, among them both out-of-print "Bootleg Box Sets", Reims Live 1974 (Tangerine Tree 30), Cirkus-Krone-Bau Munich 1976 (Tangerine Leaves Vol. 46), London Hammersmith Odeon 1978 (TL 92), London Royal Albert Hall 1979 (that's a typo, I assume it's 1976 = TT 34) and York Minster Cathedral 1975 (TL 3).
See their full list here: http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopcontent. ... ive%20Rock
I added the corresponding Tree/Leaves volume numbers since I can't believe that we get to hear original TD vault material, especially since all those shows have all been bootlegged (and I'm gonna eat my TD shirt if this happens, you can quote me on that! :lol: ). I also have to admit that I'm baffled about Esoteric's release strategy, the "Leaves" recordings are simply not good enough for an official release (I did the poor remastering for the Munich 1976 show, blame me not Esoteric! 8) ) and were never meant to be stocked at Amazon :?

Heiko H.
Maybe Esoteric don't understand the difference between Trees and Leaves, with regard to quality ??
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:I certainly hope the Bootleg Box Sets and the "quality" material listed get a release.

Would be superb.
Ditto.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:I certainly hope the Bootleg Box Sets and the "quality" material listed get a release.

Would be superb.
Ditto.
Agreed, if the quality is always good. That is rule 1.