Finnegans Wake

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

har wrote:Tangerine Dream now having an effect on sub atomic particles and the universe :wink: 8) 8) 8)
They always have done, Har :!: :)
har

Post by har »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:Tangerine Dream now having an effect on sub atomic particles and the universe :wink: 8) 8) 8)
They always have done, Har :!: :)
Agreed :)

With particular cosmic shifts round about the time of Zeit, Phaedra and Force Majeure I believe :wink: :P 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote: Now I'm sure I read a post on here last night from someone not liking track3 - Resurrection by the Spirit, due to the inclusion of some cool old stuff. It seems to have vapourised :[/color]
)

Yes the original comments I responded to by Six By Nine seems to have been d-eleted/removed which is a shame as it was a fair enough comment I think.

oh well :roll:
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Hi,
Well, I've received Finnegan's Wake two weekas go... along with Mona Lisa that I had not ordered before)
A pity I could not include the review in the new issue of Koid'9... but well... we have our deadlines.... and my article abtu Edgar 's solo career plus the reviews of the previous last offerings from TD will be in it.. That'll make a rather long article.... would have been better with Edgar's interview... :(

I really like Finnegan's Wake very much... Right, as somebodsy says more or less, the two firts tracks are atmospheric (I wouldn't say experimental) then the third with the "Ricochet" excerpt is surprising but the best is yet to come... all the rest of the CD is really melodic, inspired mystic sometimes.
It's a pretty varied album, which is what I prefer... Both Edgar and Thorsten composed very good melodies.
And Edgar's guitar playing is pure joy, really....
I know he doesn't read here ; well, I don't think so... but I'm sure people tell him often that he should play more guitar and he did, he did it in a very inspired way. :)
I loved "The Island of The Fay" and this one is of the same level... I'm quite surprised to see such a flow of inspired albums coming at such a fast pace ! We are lucky.... (my wallet is not !)
I love Hermaphrodite, Mother of All Sources, The Warring Forces of The Twins, Everling's Mythical Letter and Three Quarks.... Really strong tracks in different styles. :)

PS : I had not been here in a while and I'm glad to see that Big Moog is back and witty as ever. ;o))
Erik

Post by Erik »

this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

and the guitar playing....stunning as always. it shines brightly on Finnegans Wake
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Erik wrote:this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

and the guitar playing....stunning as always. it shines brightly on Finnegans Wake

Funny you mention Metaphor, I was just saying to a friend the other day that this is still my fave release of recent years, for me this release is the high point that has not been touched since(INMHO of course ;-)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:
Erik wrote:this is the best in the series so far. it's so refreshing and adventurous. if this was their new direction, i would not object. there is a new found energy in this album, especially after hearing Three Quarks. good lord that's a strong track. TD definitely still has my respect. i haven't been this enthused in a TD release since Metaphor! hell, this might be their best album on Eastgate

Funny you mention Metaphor, I was just saying to a friend the other day that this is still my fave release of recent years, for me this release is the high point that has not been touched since(INMHO of course ;-)

metaphor, is a great set of music. underated...or forgotten...which is a pity as its dark edges are really interesting 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

That's spooky, this came round on "random" the other and I'd forgotten how good it was!!!!
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

01. The Sensational Fall Of The Master Builder
02. Finnegans Excessive Wake
03. Resurrection By The Spirit
04. Mother Of All Sources
05. The Warring Forces Of The Twins
06. Three Quarks For Muster Mark
07. Everling's Mythical Letter
08. Hermaphrodite
09. Hunting For Illusions (EXCLUSIVELY BONUS TRACK)
10. Views From A Distant Star (EXCLUSIVELY BONUS TRACK)

8)

It well be released exclusively Along with Angela Aki - Song Book.
So I don’t had to wait for valentine day. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Erik

Post by Erik »

whoa what?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Erik wrote:whoa what?
Don't worry about it :lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Yep, it's the usual non-sense, and if you ask him about it, there is no answer.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

one needs to tune in and then it makes sense :D

peter, will this be on minidisc?? :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
har

Post by har »

bigmoog wrote:
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Don't worry about it :lol:

one needs to tune in and then it makes sense :D

peter, will this be on minidisc?? :wink:

I like pete's posts :P 8)

There's been a few crackers..........I always remember the classic reissue of JFs album he posted about...................

"Shiver Me Timer"

:lol:

Keep them coming Peter :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Keep enjoying the music Peter.